Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Nice to see a Walther review.
Excuse my curmudgeonliness, but: ugly gun.
Is this what it has come to?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I suppose the PPQ is just as ugly because they all look very similar. They shoot just fine though.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Let me guess: he giggled a lot and loved the gun?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
To all you naysayers; An ugly gun that shoots well, is easy to strip and clean, and is actually built with quality and comes with MecGar mags (the best, IMHO),

OR, a beautiful gun that shoots only so-so, has a horrible trigger, and atrocious grip, and/or cheap, junk mags, and is a PITA to strip (and clean)?

Gimme ugly that works....bad guys and targets won't stop their crime to suddenly say "oh my, what a pretty gun, I'll just stop breaking the law now".....

It IS better looking than it's immediate predecessor the PPX, but again, to me, function over form is the order of the day.

The PPQ has it all, and I've not yet wrapped my paws around a Creed, but I just may own one shortly. If I can find a 9mm locally, I'll buy it if the trigger is as good as the PPX...

·
Registered
510 Posts
IMO it's a decent review. Just don't see a lot of difference between the creed and my PPX's. But of course, a mother will love you no matter what you look like.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
To all you naysayers; An ugly gun that shoots well, is easy to strip and clean, and is actually built with quality and comes with MecGar mags (the best, IMHO),

OR, a beautiful gun that shoots only so-so, has a horrible trigger, and atrocious grip, and/or cheap, junk mags, and is a PITA to strip (and clean)?
Or . . . you could go with the P99 AS and get the best of both worlds. Or the long barrel MR9 version of the P99 from Magnum Research. ;)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
He sure likes the trigger on it which looks to me much like HK LEM with shorter take up. It is certainly very high on my list to check out for someone that wants a pistol in the $350 range. I bet the Creed will be a big seller for Walther.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
True enough, but I'm not real big on the DA/SA trigger....I DID actually get out today with the 76* weather and (damn near die of heat stroke!) put 150 rounds through my P99c.

Back to it; comparing the P99c (though you said P99 and MR9) to a PPX/Creed is sorta like comparing a Ranger to a Super Duty....

Can I have one of each? :D

Gotta snag me a P99 and a Creed and PPX and P88 and P5 and P1 and....and...a winning lottery ticket first!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice to see a Walther review.
Excuse my curmudgeonliness, but: ugly gun.
Is this what it has come to?
HA! The Creed is a cosmetically redesigned PPX, because the PPX was considered ugly!

I agree with the "gun is a tool" sentiment. Though I love the looks of some guns. And I never, ever, make fun of pink guns. I don't like them, but if I make fun of people who like pink guns I have to fess up that I really, really like the way my Ruger Mark II Bull Barrel looks...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Life is too short to own ugly guns, even one intended solely to be a 'tool' ;)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Life is too short to own ugly guns, even one intended solely to be a 'tool' ;)
To each their own. But, a fugly gun that is impeccably reliable, accurate as a dream, and carries perfectly would still be my choice over a beautiful gun that was good at each of those things but not great.

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts

Gimme ugly that works....bad guys and targets won't stop their crime to suddenly say "oh my, what a pretty gun, I'll just stop breaking the law now".....
This left me wondering if you choose your female companionship like you choose your firearms. :eek: ;)

To each their own. But, a fugly gun that is impeccably reliable, accurate as a dream, and carries perfectly would still be my choice over a beautiful gun that was good at each of those things but not great.
Thankfully, with so many choices, it's not an either/or decision. You actually can buy a beautiful gun that is reliable, accurate, carries well, etc (unless it's a Hi Point, where the only thing beautiful about it is the value-to-price ratio) ... so why would you even consider an ugly gun?

Surreal

P.S. Price is the usual reason, by the way...

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
My wife is like my PPQ......feels good in the hand, and is a great experience...to......shoot at.....

Maybe I should reword this.... LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Let me guess: he giggled a lot and loved the gun?
He raved about how nice the trigger was ... a trigger that I personally feel is gritty, has far too much takeup, and breaks as crisply play-doh.

Overall it was a decent review, but if that's his idea of a good trigger, he likes a lot of things I don't. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
He raved about how nice the trigger was ... a trigger that I personally feel is gritty, has far too much takeup, and breaks as crisply play-doh.

Overall it was a decent review, but if that's his idea of a good trigger, he likes a lot of things I don't. :)
Well, to be fair, he thinks Glocks have great triggers.

No accounting for taste, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
3,879 Posts
Well, to be fair, he thinks Glocks have great triggers.

No accounting for taste, I guess.
I have one Glock. I like it for what it is, too. (It was my original carry gun.) Would I say it has a 'good trigger'? No. Hell no. Like my PPS, it has a trigger I deem acceptable for carry. That's about as much credit as I can give it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts