Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 20 years old and i live in Mississippi. I just got out of the Army. (I was a 11C1P). I was in the 25th Infantry Divisions Airborne Detachment also known as the 509th. I have always like guns but I am a stickler for perfection. I have seen and tested mabey a hundred or more weapons and I would have to say that not many meet up to my standards. I liked HK until they incorporated a child lock into the gun itself requiring a key to "unlock" the gun. Reliability, ease of use, and how the weapon fits your hand is paramount in a quick draw situation. Shot placement and grouping your double or triple taps are ofcourse up to the user. I already own a glock so i wanted somthing new. I went to the local gunshop and looked at some sigs until the p99 9mm called me over to it. To tell you the truth I have no knowledge of walthers except for the fact that james bond used the ppk and now uses the p99.
Lets put it this way, after testing the gun and putting close to 800 rounds of hardball, golden sabres, and gold dots through it, i have to say that this is surely fit for Bond himself.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Welcome aboard......
you found the P99.... it looks like as it is a close kept secret.... I love my 3 P99's

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome indeed! I was drawn to the P99 for basically the same reasons. The grip is perfect in my hands, and it initially had an odd look that drew me to it.

Haha, oddly enough, it wasn't James Bond that made the gun famous for me. It was the character Jet Black in the anime Cowboy Bebop.

I hope to have mine in my hands within two weeks. Can't wait!

·
Registered
63 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (007uses_it_y_not_us @ May 23 2006,5:55)]i thought salene from underworld carries to fully automatic berettas
Maybe in the first Underworld.

But in Underworld: Evolution, most definitely two P99's

Do a google image search for "underworld evolution" and you'll see, lol.

Also, I made a thread about this, but I am quite sure that Silas in The DaVinci Code uses one throughout the film. Especially near his demise at the end.

In Sin City, one of the prostitutes (not a major character) is seen with a P99.

And finally, when Morpheus shoots Agent Smith in The Matrix: Reloaded, he does so with a P99.

The P99 gets it's fair-share of attention besides James Bond

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
In the "Transporter2" at the end, the bad guy on the plane got a P99......

·
Registered
108 Posts
In X-Men 2, Strykers men use P99's. When Mystique (disguised as Wolverine) enters his base and is taken prisoner you can clearly see them used in the fight scenes.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Noticed on an HBO commercial that there is at least one QPQ or Titanium slide P99 in "The Man" with Eugene Levy and Samuel "It's My Beer!" Jackson.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts