Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this forum a couple of days ago. I am looking at buying a used P22 from a guy at work and have been looking for all the info I can on this gun. It is a nice looking gun. He let me take it home last week end. I shot maybe 70 -80 rounds of Federal bulk from Wally World through it. I had some problems with FTF's. He says that he always shoots the Remington Gold though it and never has a problem. I will try some of that this week end. The gun appears to have been taken well care of. Is there anything I should pay special attention to in considering this purchace? Thanks for any info. It has the newer mags. He wants $190 for it.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
942 Posts
Snatch it up.

Then, leave it with the hammer cocked (empty/unloaded, please) in the safe when not in use.

When you disassemble it for cleaning, check the stove bolt located half way on the right-hand side. Tighten it if loose using some Blue Loctite.

Practice a lot and have fun. There are loads of after market add-ons available for the P22 to keep you going for a long while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, someone finally responded. Thanks Crete. I did purchase the P22. It is a nice gun and is in perfect, brand new condition. THe guy keeps his guns in great condition. The only reason he sold this one is because he has a P99 in OD Green and he wanted the P22 the same. Thanks for the tip on the stove bolt. I will use a bit of loctite. I have already used loctite on the barrel nut. Took care of that problem. I think I will have a blast with this little gun. It is sure alot cheaper to shoot than my G27!!

Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts