Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just added my first Walther PPQ 45 M2 pistol ( and hopefully not my last) to my small pistol collection due to great reviews and just received it. I haven't shot it yet.
I want to change the sights to maybe TruGlo TFX Pros.
I'm confused by some ads saying it fits the PPQ but do all PPQ's have the same sights?
Also would consider other sight recommendations.

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
The TFX and TFX Pros will fit your Q45 just fine. I've mounted them on Classic Qs, M2s, Classic Navy Qs, P99s and P99c, even a couple of Q5".
Thus far all have kept the Walther POA/POI although someone recently posted his P99 shoots low with them (this is a first and we are trying to determine the cause).
These are extremely robust sights that stand up to the rigors of hard EDC. The fiber optics really help you at dawn and dusk when the out put of the tritium vials is close to the ambient light, here those optics help focus the light and give better target acquisition.
This is my Q45 with TFX Pros

Here it with my P99c carrying TFX

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TFX and TFX Pros will fit you Q45 just fine. I've mounted them on Classic Qs, M2s, Classic Navy Qs, P99s and P99c, even a couple of Q5".
Thus far all have kept the Walther POA/POI although someone recently posted his P99 shoots low with them (this is a first and we are trying to determine the cause).
These are extremely robust sights that stand up to the rigors of hard EDC. The fiber optics really help you at dawn and dusk when the out put of the tritium vials is close to the ambient light, here those optics help focus the light and give better target acquisition.
This is my Q45 with TFX Pros
View attachment 93344

Here it with my P99c carrying TFX

View attachment 93345
Thanks for the reply, olsoul. Nice Walthers!
I did read that the TFX Pros shoot low on the PPQ but I have them on two Glocks and the TFX Pros seem to be fine.
I was confused by all PPQ models having the same sights and wanted to make sure they do. I saw youtube videos on how easy it is to change the sights which is great!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm going to order the TFX Pros from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
I'm not so sure about shooting low...here is my TFX Pro test target: 35 feet, ten rounds GECO fmj 230. Shot one handed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice!
I just looked at the TFX Pro's on Amazon. The TFX shown do not have the cut out for the windage screw like the Trijicon HD's. I'm assumiing the picture is off but before I buy them I'd like to know. The Trijicon HD's reat sight just slides right in and locks with the plunger.
Maybe no windage screw on the TFX Pros because of the long Fiber optic tubes. If that's the case it will be the Trijicon HD's or just a front night sight from Dawson if available.

vs

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
The TFX and TFX Pros are press fit. You need a sight pusher to mount these sights. Here is an image of fitting TFX sights on a P99 slide.

Some folks have mounted these using a brass roll pin punch but I wouldn't try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, olsoul.
The Trijicon HD's are an easier install I can do myself but I'll probably go with the TruGlo TFX Pros like on two guns I have. My range gunsmith will get another install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts