Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I wrote a couple of days ago about my P88 'find' for $500......
(Plus a new looking baby .25 Browning thrown in with 50 rounds of .25 auto).

Here is my P88...... it has only fired 50 rounds, came with 2 mags and the owner's book plus 100 rounds of 9mm, S/N is 001024, so, going by this artical it is number 24 off the production line........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AWalther_P88

Nice eh!?

cheers,

John H

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Now that is one sweet P88... and sure looks like only 50 rounds went through it.... just plain pretty
congrats and you better buy the seller a beer to make up for your highway-robbery

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,
Yep, I'm over the moon about the P88, to me the P88 holds it's own against every service 9mm in looks, accuracy, handleing and technical innovation......

It's 20 years old this year HAPPY BIRTHDAY #001024!

Before I left the seller, I said that I hoped he would not regret selling it to me and think that he could have done a better deal somewhere else, he said (again) that he just wanted to get rid of his handguns and was happy that the P88 was going to someone who would appreciate it!...... nice guy!

I thanked him for the tenth time and left with the biggest grin I've had since my wife said she was happy I had shooting as a hobby!.

Cheers,

John H

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I'd like to get an original P88 box & cleaning rod for it, is Earl's the only place I can get one. His website says $30 for a box but when I called & emailed him he says $35!

(Anyone have a copy of an original advertisement for the P88?).

cheers,

John H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts