Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I have to say how much fun I had shooting mine the other day. Sure, it is homely as a mud fence - certainly the most unappealing pistol design I own. But that trigger - wow. It verged on boring to shoot a big hole in targets at my standard 30 feet away.

This pistol represents an astonishing value in a 9mm. I know why it was killed off, but the poor old PPX is still a ton of fun.

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Under rated...

Seldom dated...

Often hated...

Yup the PPX was the "entry" level striker fired platform from Walther. It introduced many to the great Walther trigger and got them lusting after Qs...

I too hated the look and feel but agree it could drive tacks having shot a few at Greet and Shoots.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yep, Walther's Ugly Duckling of a gun. It's so ugly, it's kind of cute.:D

Sweet @$$ trigger though.:cool:

Around 2000 rounds with mine, and it has been pretty much flawless. Had a couple of failure's to return to battery my first range session. That was me. Corrected after I fixed my grip. I pretty much learned how to shoot with that PPX.:)

Reactions: tdocz

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My bedside go to, great trigger. Yes it's not as sexy as a PPK but 16 rounds of 9mm will get the job done.
...I have to say how much fun I had shooting mine the other day. Sure, it is homely as a mud fence - certainly the most unappealing pistol design I own. But that trigger - wow. It verged on boring to shoot a big hole in targets at my standard 30 feet away.

This pistol represents an astonishing value in a 9mm. I know why it was killed off, but the poor old PPX is still a ton of fun.

I'm going to bump this after shooting my PPX last weekend. The poor old pistol performed beautifully -good thing because I bought three when they were pathetically cheap back on the planet we all used to live on.
So here's to Walther's most unattractive design ever - which I see looks oddly a whole lot like a

The poor old PPX looks a lot like a HK VP9 2020 that I saw on the back of American Rifleman.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm going to bump this after shooting my PPX last weekend. The poor old pistol performed beautifully -good thing because I bought three when they were pathetically cheap back on the planet we all used to live on.
So here's to Walther's most unattractive design ever - which I see looks oddly a whole lot like a

The poor old PPX looks a lot like a HK VP9 2020 that I saw on the back of American Rifleman.
Absolutely the best out of the box shooting pistol I've ever had, any of my friends that have shot it are amazed at the trigger and how well they shoot with it right out of the gate, I also have a PPS M2 and a PPQ .45, but the PPX is my favorite to shoot

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here we are almost three years later and the PPX section of this site still hasn't moved forward. My ancient post is still front and center.

Not to worry - the PPX is still a great value. I would love to know how many were produced before the pulled the plug on this model, but it remains a great shooter and I still like that trigger more than almost any other gun I own. I found a belt holster at Simply Rugged and now my giant, ugly German buddy is my favorite walk in the woods gun. I like the accuracy, the dependability, and the design itself just because it is so damn unattractive.

Call it the Edsel of 9mm pistols.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.