Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I have to say how much fun I had shooting mine the other day. Sure, it is homely as a mud fence - certainly the most unappealing pistol design I own. But that trigger - wow. It verged on boring to shoot a big hole in targets at my standard 30 feet away.

This pistol represents an astonishing value in a 9mm. I know why it was killed off, but the poor old PPX is still a ton of fun.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Under rated...

Seldom dated...

Often hated...

Yup the PPX was the "entry" level striker fired platform from Walther. It introduced many to the great Walther trigger and got them lusting after Qs...

I too hated the look and feel but agree it could drive tacks having shot a few at Greet and Shoots.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yep, Walther's Ugly Duckling of a gun. It's so ugly, it's kind of cute.:D

Sweet @$$ trigger though.:cool:

Around 2000 rounds with mine, and it has been pretty much flawless. Had a couple of failure's to return to battery my first range session. That was me. Corrected after I fixed my grip. I pretty much learned how to shoot with that PPX.:)

Reactions: tdocz

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I still have one and will keep it. I’d never heard of it and found my first at a gun show. I’m glad I bought it.

Reactions: sunny08

·
Registered
510 Posts
^^^^^ Couldn't agree more! Great handgun. Flawless going on four years. Still out shoot friends and my brother who all own handguns with numerous bells and whistles at twice the price. I'll keep both, a 9 and 40.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my PPX! Mine has the 5in threaded barrel. I shoots great, love the feel in my hand. Only drawback is it's just a bit too big for CCW. New Q4 Ted should be here in a couple of days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great gun currently is my bedside go to 16+ rounds plus a great trigger is awesome, just to bulky to carry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My bedside go to, great trigger. Yes it's not as sexy as a PPK but 16 rounds of 9mm will get the job done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts