Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my frame.  I just wanted to know if anyone else has this type of wear in the same area.  My 2005 OD Green P99 has it and my 2003 Black P99 doesn't.  I just want to know if it is normal.

I also just noticed there is a bit of a dent on the far right of the last picture, on the locking block I think it is called? My 2003 P99 doesn't have that dent either.
There is wear on other parts of the frame, but I have seen the same wear in others' pictures so I feel that the wear is normal.  Just wanted to know if this was normal as well.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
MLB78,
My 04 doesn't have the dent like you have in the 4th pic but I don't see it as a problem...I do see the pitting or the dimple that you are talking about and I don't know if that is wear from usage or just a marr due to the casting of the polymere...but just to let you know...mine has the same markings, only even bigger than yours...normal? I don't know? Wear? I guess you would have to tear down a brand new model to see if these marks exist...personally I just think they are casting marks...

Just tore down my 98...it does have the small dent like you 4th pic but it does not have those "casting" marks...I don't think it is unusual or any big deal.

Good close inspection however...and I thought I was anal retentive...
No insult intended...

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I would think that as long as you don't see a crack, or something peeling loose, you are fine. I have had Glocks for years. And, you get normal wear sometimes...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ Oct. 18 2005,14:28)]Good close inspection however...and I thought I was anal retentive...
No insult intended...
None taken.  I get a bit picky and over-reactive sometimes.  Especially when I buy something new.

I was thinking it was something from the casting of the polymer as well.  I just wanted to make sure.  I guess I will just have to check out a new one when I see it in a store.

Also, thanks to all who responded!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
No problem. And, U may have to look at a dozen guns before U find one with that just like yours. Just keep an eye on it and see if it changes over time. If it does, then contact the manufacturer.

I'm picky about that kinda stuff too.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm picky too, that is why I picked a P99 then I picked another and I plan on picking a compact and even picked two P22...picky, picky, picky....

·
Registered
160 Posts
That triangular shaped dent? Thats definitely part of manufacturing because there is nothing that can cause such a triangle shape inside the gun. Nothing to worry about. Now I have to go check my gun to see if I have one too. See what you did? j/k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts