Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like some help identifying this PP22. Proofs are a little different then what ive seen on a few others. Also hoping to find a lanyard ring for this gun, I think its missing.

Thanks for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
You could try Gun Parts Corp (used to be Numrich) for the lanyard ring assembly. I got one from them once.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Your PP is one of the British L66A1 Contract. It features the German federal proof and acceptance marks. It was probably manufactured in 1975 or 1976. The P indicates that it got the firing pin replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would this be a collectible PP based on the British contract? Its missing the lanyard ring. I found one that is square in shape, is that the correct one for this gun?

Thanks again Rob

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Would this be a collectible PP based on the British contract?
I personally prefer optically intact weapons, but would probably buy it anyway to complete my collection. In any case, a Walther PP in .22lr is a very nice shooter.

Its missing the lanyard ring. I found one that is square in shape, is that the correct one for this gun?
That sounds basically right; they are really rectangular. You can find many pictures on the internet.

·
Premium Member
8,655 Posts
The L66A1 contract weapons were bought by the British for the Ulster Defense Regiment and also for training purposes hence the marking. They were called "personal defense weapons".

You'll also notice it has a god awful dark coating on it, a black lacquer called Suncorite finish.

These weapons were often "rode hard and put up wet" but they do make a great addition to any collection and are fun shooters.

Mine doesn't have the lanyard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts