Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to forum. Was hoping for some direction on obtaining info on my PPK/S. The serial number on the frame is 246904, but there is also a second one next to the grip that is 246904S. The proof is an eagle with "N" under it. There is also a mark on the frame with the letters "IB" followed by a strange mark that looks something like a feather or a fern, but its not actually on of those. The frame says "Made in W. Germany" and there are no import stamps on it (No Interarms, S&W, etc). Would appreciate any info on where I could find info on the origins of this PPK/S, but dang it has been difficult. I sure would appreciate an assist. Thx. PM

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Can't help you with the lack of import stamps (G.I. bought it at PX in Germany and brought it home as souvenir?), but the IB is the year of manufacturing ('81), the feather is the antler of the Ulm proof house, and that's how you read that sequence:

From the top with the Eagle over N (nitro proof, test fired and didn't blow up), in 1981, at Ulm/Danube, made in West Germany (from parts manufactured in France, but assembled, finished and test-fired in West Germany.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from 😎 Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts