Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I am going to install a Dawson Rear Charger FO on my PPQ M2 5". I will picking up the PPQ and the sights tomorrow so I don't have either in front of me and just wanted to know what happens to the plunger on the rear of the slide that holds the factory rear sight. I know the DP sight will be driven on and set screwed secure, but I was wondering if the plunger gets removed in its entirety or if it gets pushed down flush with the top of the slide before driving the sight in. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
14,794 Posts
Nope, you can push the edge of the plunger down with your thumbnail....hold it down and push the rear sight out to the left. CAUTION, if you let your thumbnail slip off the edge of the plunger, it may wind up on the moon....or worse, in your eye. Be careful.

Once the rear sight is removed, the plunger and spring should fall right out if you turn the slide upside down.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What is the model number on the Dawson's you are using and are the pretty much the same specs as the stock height wise.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Here is what I ordered...
018-231 Sight/Walther/RearFix/PPQ/Opt/.210T/.125N/Charger/Requires .180 Tall Front/Tools Included

019-195 Sight/Walther/Front/PPQ/Opt/.180T/.100W/Ramped/Tools Included

This combo is supposed to match the factory sight picture with just a slightly narrower window.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks dj where did you pick them up at? directly from Dawson? Thanks sorry about all the questions I'm just looking to do a sight upgrade and I only want to do it once, so lots of research

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here are mine that I just finished installing. I have the 5" PPQ M2 and went with the .125 on the front and the back. I wanted a narrower gap because I'm mainly just target shooting and the big gap on the stock sights was my biggest gripe. Really pleased with how these turned out.

Edit: the first picture was a little too close up which makes the gap look bigger than it actually is when at normal shooting distance. The 2nd picture is more similar to what it actually looks like at shooting distance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stuey,

I ordered them direct from Dawson. Got held up in Texas due to floods. I am using this pistol for competition, mainly IDPA so I went with a slightly larger (.125/.100) gap than the .125/.125 set up. All personal preference, plus my eyesight is not what it used to be!

·
Registered
137 Posts
018-231 Sight/Walther/RearFix/PPQ/Opt/.210T/.125N/Charger/Requires .180 Tall Front/Tools Included

019-195 Sight/Walther/Front/PPQ/Opt/.180T/.100W/Ramped/Tools Included

This combo is supposed to match the factory sight picture with just a slightly narrower window.
I have the same rear, and the .180T/.125W front (same height, but a little wider). The POI vs. POA is pretty close to stock, but the narrower cutout in the rear sight is a huge improvement (for me) over the stock rear sight.

One thing I'll say about the fiber optics... when there is light, they are great, but if it's mostly dark, they are worthless. In medium-low light, like at a poorly-lit indoor range, they are fine. But in low light... nothing. Even when your eyes are dark-adjusted, and there's enough light to walk around the house without bumping into stuff, they are completely dark. Noticeably worse than the stock sights with plain white dots on them. Not good if your PPQ is also your home-defense gun... in that case, definitely get the tritium ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts