Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I finally got a hold of a P99. Ive had a P99 AS 9mm on order for a month and a half and when I came across CDNN's P99c AS deal I picked one of them up as well. I love it. I had planned on using the P99c as my Primary CCW but im having problems in the holster department. First off I should have my carry license in the next few months so im a newbie in CCW. First of I'm 6'1" 250lbs. I have a small to medium gut
that will be taken care of soon but anyway. My dress 90% of the time is Jeans and t-shirts(sometimes knits) untucked. I work M-F 8am-5pm sitting at a desk and when Im at work I can have my weapon on my desk if I want and when Im driving I can have my weapon wherever but I would prefer not taking my holster/piece on and off everytime I sit down and get up. I would prefer to have a IWB that would work sitting and standing but I could do a ankle holster for work days. I need some help! I bought a leather Don Hume IWB holster that I got a sick deal on and its nice but it doesnt seem to work good for me. I have to wear it 12:30-1:00 or 4:00-5:00 when standing up and it barely pulls it off standing. Most of you would probably say it doesnt pull it off. Sitting down it doesnt work. The Don Hume IWB isnt one fo the angled type holsters like the others its just straight up and down. Are any of you having luck with IWB or ankle carry with your P99c? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to respond to what I think your post is asking. You might want to breakup the paragraphs in the future or something b/c its tough to read as is.

I use probably the same Don Hume you have however you are heavier than I am. I wear it just in front of last belt loop that you hit before you start going around your back (if that makes sense) and I put the clip between my jeans and belt rather than over the belt. That would be roughly 4 o'clock.

What I have found is that you need to adjust the angle of the gun forward when you sit down. You're right that the holster doesn't technically have a cant to it but just push the back of the slide forward and your body should cradle it and not dig into your side. It usually corrects itself when you stand back up. This is one of the reasons that I don't have the clip over my belt, your pants allow for this play, a leather belt won't.

I've also tried OWB leather, and a fobus paddle, the Don Hume is definitely the most comfortable and I didn't think an IWB would even be tolerable before I tried it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You have an odd duck work place that allows for a weapon on the desk but not holstered???

Anyway, I carry a P99 strong side IWB in a Sparks Summer Special 2 and a Wilderness Instructors belt (most of the time). My attire is usually jeans and an untucked polo or button down shirt, granted I do wear loose fitting shirts. Cold weather I wear untucked sweaters, if I cant wear a jacket all the time. I ususally position the holster at about 3:30-4:00 on the body. I have not had a problem with concelament using this set up for over 10 years and I have carried a full size USP45 during that time. Only thing to worry about is bending over to tie shoes or pick things up off the floor. That can cause printing. When you say, the Don Hume doesnt pull it off, what do you mean?

I have not tried the straight drop holsters for IWB as I preffer the cant for comfort, so maybe that is the issue. Are you using a belt or clipping the holster to your pants. If youre only clipping it to the pants, just get a belt and the gun will be held tight to your body and aid in concealment. And dont be skimpy with some ChinaMart special. Get a thick and stiff belt meant for carrying guns. The added weight of the gun puts a lot of stress on belts and the flimsy ones can stretch and bend at goofy angles and not tuck the gun into your body as well as those meant for that kind of use.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can holster my weapon at work,put it on the desk,wear it as a necklace if I wanted to as I own my own buisness. When I say the Don Hume doesnt pull it quite pull it off for me Im saying that it doesnt conceal my weapon as I thout it would. Maybe it is the lack of cant. I guess Ill pick up another holster to see if it helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Though not listed I have a FIST Kydex IWB for mine and like it quite well. You just have to call them as it is not listed on the site. I picked the one with an adjustable cant.

Rockets Out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts