Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited this gun from my father-in-law. Can you tell me the manufacture date and aproximate value?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I inherited this gun from my father-in-law. Can you tell me the manufacture date and aproximate value?
I’m not sure what post #2 is about, but your 472661 is a late Manurhin-made/Walther-finished PP from the late 1970s. The photo is too blurry for me to make out the second letter after the H of the Ulm proof (next to the antler); that would tell you for sure. The H is a 7.

The gun looks to be in good shape. I haven‘t paid close attention to prices lately, but for value, a wild guess might be 500 to 600.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The date code could be "IB" (1981) or "ID" (1983) as well. The picture is too blurry to tell but because of the high S/N I'd assume it's a gun made in the early 1980s.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The date code could be "IB" (1981) or "ID" (1983) as well. The picture is too blurry to tell but because of the high S/N I'd assume it's a gun made in the early 1980s.
I think you are right. I was wondering about the high serial. It‘s a bit of a Rohrschach test. Now that you said it, I could also see the I instead of H; it gets clearer the longer one looks at it ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts