Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some cleaning/lubing I put my gun together without the guiderod/sprint. What an error, now the barrel is fully extended out the front of the slide and the slide is stuck back about 1 and 1/8th" from the end of the frame. I was unable to move the slide back or foward and pressing on the barrel doesn't move. The piece that seems to be blocking the gun from being disassembled again is a raised compoent from the frame. It is where the take down catch operated internally but using the take down catch doesn't lower this component it is attached to. I'm not sure if I can disengage the spring on left of it to fix it myself (but there is one exposed and under tension). Otherwise I can only hope that Walther or a gunsmith can fix it without costing more than the 50-100 dollars. Curious if Walther will be able to help this user-error issue (or I may have to pay a lot to fix it) too (I'll call them tomorrow). BTW: I just bought the gun a few weeks ago and I only shot it once.

Can anyone speak to my problem and know happened or if there is anything I can do to fix this. I am assuming it's related to the slide locking mechinism or cocking feature that this peice is retracted.

I posted some photos but some didn't turn out the best: P99AS Bricked - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
457 Posts
Try holding the pistol with the barrel pointed toward the ceiling and then release the takedown lever. Maybe give the crown a gentle nudge with you finger while doing this? That's all I got. Otherwise, seek a gunsmith's assistance.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
try holding the pistol pointed down; while doing so press the barrel against the edge of a table, pull down on the disassembly tab.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Is the slide locked back,with the slide lock?Or is it just stuck ?If it is at slide lock,look on the left side of the gun,there is a slide lock release there,push it down and see if the slide will move forward

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[Solved] Gun is de-bricked!

Thanks jare-3 and RickJZ! Your advice helped a lot. I tried both ideas and that allowed me to lower the component that was raised. Then I could see that the lip of the barrel was not actually touching the end of this component but it was lodged somehow between the frame and the slide. Pressing on the barrel didn't move it but I realized that maybe I can move the slide instead. So I pressed the slide forward while the barrel was on the table and, sure-enough, I was able to move it a 1/2" or so. After that, the barrel was able to be forced back in, and after decocking, I got the slide off and the barrel out.

There was some tiny groves put into a surface in the middle of frame but I do not thing that this surface has any affect on anything that affects gun operations. So I have story to go with those groves and will remember to never repeat my error of installing a barrel without the guide rod / recoil spring attached!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts