Walther Forums banner

Help needed with the sear block and internals

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BigHandsTinyParts 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new walther owner. Lots of time spent on glocks, sigs, and 2011’s. Picked up a PDP full size and really fudged up detail stripping the frame to install an overwatch trigger.

while hammering out the slide stops, 4 small pieces appeared on my workbench that weren’t previously there. I’ve gathered that they came out of the sear block. There’s a small spring, a plunger looking piece, and then two other pieces, one of which has two tabs on it. As to getting it back into the sear block? I have no idea.

Looking for either a detailed strip video of the sear block or other options. Thanks I’m advance guys

#3 ·
The piece with the hook is the sear, the spring is the sear spring, and the pin is the sear pin. The other piece (I don't know what it's called) fits into a hole on the right side of the sear housing and depresses the trigger bar. The shorter arm of the spring goes up against the sear. To install the sear and spring you will want to use a slave pin. I made one out of a Q-Tip but you could make one out of anything that fits. It will save you a huge amount of frustration.

Below is a video that shows the disassembly and assembly of a PPQ. At about 23:00 in the video is where he starts reassembling the sear assembly. Walther PDP Complete Disassembly/Reassembly. Good luck!

#5 ·
I see I'm 8 hours late......I'm guessing you got it all back together now. JB2000 provided a link to a video that should have been helpful.

The trigger bar guide just sticks in a hole and will easily fall out of the sear housing when the sear housing is removed. Its a piece-0-cake to put it back in.

The single action sear is also another little thing to REALLY watch when removing the sear housing from the frame. The pin that secures the single action sear in place is a loose fit and can/will fall out of the sear housing if you don't put your finger over the end of the pin then removing/handling the sear housing. If the pin falls out, so will the single action sear and the spring. First thing you start thinkin when looking at those pieces and notice that the spring has a long leg and a short leg is, does the long leg go on the top of the bottom???? Gettin all that poop back into the housing is a moofoo. I did watch the video, starting at about 23:00 and had to laugh....cuz that reminded me of ME.....BWAHAHAHAHAH. Looks like he used a tiny piece of a spray nozzle off a can of WD-40 to hold the spring in place while placing the sear back into the frame. I used a 'round' toothpick....cut it in half and used the pointy end to stick thru the housing and the spring/sear, then push the pin in and push the toothpick out. Hey....what ever works.

Getting the right side slide stop back in has caused problems for some. If not done properly and you go ahead and start beating on it with a 4 pound hammer, the frame can be damaged. Let's hope you didn't do that. 😁

So, give us an update.....did you get er' done? Or not???

#6 ·
It is all back together. I finished it up last night. Couple little nuances to it that’s different from the glocks I was so used to but not too too hard when I took it slow and played around.
Ended up using a very thin punch as a slave pin to align the spring and sear. It’s definitely a tiny, loose fitting pin that holds it all together.

now the overwatch trigger with the red return spring? Holy cow. Trigger is honestly mind blowing for a striker gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.