Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
called milt sparks and KD holsters they dont make holsters for the compact. looked on the web and cant find one. I need a IWB, this is supposed to be my carry piece but cant carry without a holster

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Well, I use a Bianhci 7L - it is a leather belt holster - I love it. I just wear an untucked shirt - It is for the full size, but fits the compact well. Actually, the muzzle of a full size would really stick out a tiny bit, so it's perfect for the compact.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Walther Holsters from Walther Geramny

Well there is only 2 from Walther for the Compact P99.....

Anyhow I would call Comp-Tac
Comp-Tac holsters I heard in numerous Forums that they are great holsters they back everything and have great customer service..... also I read a few times if they don't have what you need they will mold it for you.... and apparently their turnaround is amazing....
Though I would imagine that the P99c will fit in any P99 holser since they are identical except for the overall length and highth

·
Registered
20 Posts
FIST makes a fine holster for the 99c. I recently got an IWB in kydex from them- it was custom molded to the gun, hand-stitched, with a turnaround time from order to delivery of about 3 weeks all for less than 50 bucks. I would highly recommend it, I've worn it nearly everyday for several months and its very comfortable and sturdy.
http://www.fist-inc.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pierced456 @ Feb. 03 2006,05:01)]called milt sparks and KD holsters they dont make holsters for the compact.
Huh? I ordered a VersaMax 2 IWB holster from Milt Sparks for a P99C. It took something like 14 weeks to arrive but it's here and it is wonderful. It has "P99C" stamped on it beneath one of the belt loops. I don't own a P99C (yet) but my full-size P99 fits in it perfectly, with maybe 1/4" of the front of the gun extending past the bottom of the holster.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have both a Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. and an Undercover Pro for my 2004 P99 and they work perfectly with my 2004 P99C. The fit and retention are identical...there's just some extra room at the bottom of the holster.

I've seen several accounts of people calling manufacturers like Comp-Tac and Milt Sparks and being told "no" -- only to find out they really do have them. I'm not sure why this is so hard, but apparently it is.

Love my Comp-Tacs...

Jim

·
Registered
20 Posts
First off just fired my P99c for the first time yesterday. WHOAH!! It is as accurate as everyone said. I was realistically expecting to not be super accurate being a compact weapon. Never been so happy to be wrong.

That being said I'm looking for a good holster to carry in IWB. I've heard you folks saying you use such and such but what I'd like to know is how it rides. Can you easily grip the weapon as it rides comparable to just sticking it in your pants? I'm looking for something that leaves the grip above teh pants line to make it easier to draw.

Currently using a Pager Pal holster. It pretty much does as described except it is not as "invisible" as they advertise. I've been using it as a traditional style IWB holster with the grip extending over the pants. doint this pulls the pistol just a bit out of the trigger covering part of the holster. I'm not super keen about that.

If you wear it like they say with the whole gun below the waistline it is too easy to tell "something" is there. It is molded in such a way you cant tell it's a gun but it is super obvious that something is in your pants. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for so I'm willing to shell out the 50-70 bucks needed for a good holster just want to get a better feel for what I'm getting since there isn't a way for me to try these things out ahead of time.

So experiences how it rides etc. If your willing to also compare comfort because of body shape etc. I would appreciate it. I'm a big guy 6'3" 290 lbs. so of course the spare tire (truck tire) pushes against the gun a bit but the walther is not a problem compared to say the 1911 I used to carry. Anyway I'm done rambling, thanks in advance for any and all insights.

Jamey

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a P99c QA this week...I'm having the same issue. Its a 2005 model, but the fit seems fine in the Unckle Mikes Holster for the full size 99 (but that holster SUCKS). I'm thinking of just ordering a CTAC or Gurkha from Comp-Tac and just trimming the bottom of the kydex. I just don't know if it will work because I've heard the redesigned the trigger guard for the 05 model. Any input? thx.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
From what I heard Com-Tac is a good holster for any gun, a lot of Glock talkers love theirs... since I don't have my CC yet (got to be here soon) and 3 guns in 3 weeks broke me I haven't gotten one yet... anyhow...from what everybody says they do customwork and I am sure if the new triggerguard won't work they will hook you up ..... I know I be calling them to see if they can make bigger J-hooks due to 2 of my belts being 2 inches wide...also I heard their turnaround is amazing (I wonder if we can do a grouporder for the compact)
Also those guys (Blade Tech) look ok

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prime @ Feb. 10 2006,16:41)]I just bought a P99c QA this week...I'm having the same issue. Its a 2005 model, but the fit seems fine in the Unckle Mikes Holster for the full size 99 (but that holster SUCKS). I'm thinking of just ordering a CTAC or Gurkha from Comp-Tac and just trimming the bottom of the kydex. I just don't know if it will work because I've heard the redesigned the trigger guard for the 05 model. Any input? thx.
Redesigned trigger guard on the 2005? First I've heard of that. The 2004 model was a big change from the 2003 (eliminated the "ramp") but I wasn't aware that there were further changes in the AF (2005) models.

My Comp-Tac holsters fit my AE (2004) P99 and P99C (9 mm) models perfectly. Why would you want to trim the kydex portion? I'd recommend that you leave it "as is" -- and you have room for expansion if you ever pick up a full size. You're talking about less than half an inch difference. I'd be very hesitant to perform surgery -- the risk wouldn't outweigh the benefit in my book. Just my $0.02 worth....

Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
I talked to Chris at Comp-Tac again on Friday, they still don't have holsters that fit the 2005 P-99 (full size). The last one he made, the customer brought his in to the factory and they molded it for him. There is a difference in the trigger guard between the 2004 model and the 2005 model. I've thought about sending mine in and having him make one, but the FFL transfers start to make it a very expensive holster.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is why I love this place....I always learn something new!

I have seen some of the 2005's with the longer mag release, but I guess I didn't realize they changed the shape of the trigger guard enough to make a difference. I also know that some of the 2005 models came with the "standard" size mag release...I wonder if those trigger guards are redesigned or retain the 2004 shape? If so, then a 2005 model with the short mag release ought to work with existing P99 holsters.

Glad mine are both 2004's!

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I called Comp-Tac today also.. due to needing a holster that will fit with a 2" belt and ask them about that ... also they said they were working on maybe making a P99c holster .... So i guess lets give it a few weeks and call them again and see whats shaking......
One question I have for you guys though... how do the IWB holsters work on sweatpants when not wearing a belt....do the clips hold well enough to not having to worry to loose the gun and holster ... or would it be better to get a leather one with metal clip for that kinda of casual wear

·
Registered
69 Posts
How on earth are you going to keep a pound and a half of plastic and steel on sweat pants with out lag screws into your hip bone or using suspenders??

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Umm well the P99c isn't that heavy plus my sweatpants all have thick waistbands with strings in them... I am not worried about the pants falling of me... more worried about the holster falling of the pants due to lack of retention from the clip on the tuckable IWB holsters....(like comp-tac "undercover pro" or "shirttucker")
If i wear jeans I have a 2 inch belt..... so there is no issues there

1 - 16 of 16 Posts