Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed my choices down to these three. I've been looking at the C-TAC from Comp-TAC here http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_ctac.html

The IWB from SideArmor here http://www.sidearmor.com/cart....99e1be5

And the VersaMax2 from Milt Sparks here http://www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm

Of course I want something that's comfortable, very concealable, and most importantly something that can tuck in well under a shirt (which all three of these can do). Does anybody here have any experience and comments of note with any of them? I know the VersaMax2 is supposed to be superb but the only one I could find readily available is Tan and not Black. The wait for a black one would be 2 months.

Does anybody have any experience with any of these?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in on the Group Buy for the Sidearmor. I really like their concept and the ablility to switch cants and attachments. I also have 4 of their holsters for my Glocks. So it isnt much of a decision on who to get. I have all the accessories I need already and know what to expect.

HTH

John

·
Registered
36 Posts
Like you, I am shopping IWBs for my P99. I have heard nothing but good about all of these holsters, probably more ravings about the MS though. I recently picked up a C-Tac for my new Kimber CDP Ultra (which should be here Thursday
). The C-Tac is thin, light, tucks away under a shirt easily, and is very adjustable. The C-Tac, being plastic, digs *a little* into my side or leg when I'm sitting. I'm 6'1" 185, so YMMV. I am still playing with the cant and o'clock position though. I like the C-Tac a lot so far. It turns out that it also fits my KelTec P11 very well, so I got a two-fer. Good luck and let us know what you end up with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (txjeep @ Feb. 17 2004,3:36)]Like you, I am shopping IWBs for my P99.  I have heard nothing but good about all of these holsters, probably more ravings about the MS though.  I recently picked up a C-Tac for my new Kimber CDP Ultra (which should be here Thursday  
).  The C-Tac is thin, light, tucks away under a shirt easily, and is very adjustable.  The C-Tac, being plastic, digs *a little* into my side or leg when I'm sitting.  I'm 6'1" 185, so YMMV.  I am still playing with the cant and o'clock position though.  I like the C-Tac a lot so far.  It turns out that it also fits my KelTec P11 very well, so I got a two-fer.  Good luck and let us know what you end up with.
I've been leaning towards the C-TAC since I don't know if I want to wait 2 months for a Milt Sparks or settle for the tan version, which I don't like the looks of. I know that sounds silly when it's supposed to be concealed and when form follows function, but black just goes better with a blued/black P99.

And just to throw it out there I'm 6'0 and about 225lb or so.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I sold my Comp-tac as soon as I first tried on my Sidearmor.
The Sidearmor is awesome.
A definate best buy in IWB holsters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alien, I use a Com Tac for my P99. It's great, fast, and well made. I have also used a Blade Tech for my Sig 228. However I carry my P99 daily with a Com Tac. It's a personal choice what's right for me may not work for you. However ComTac is a very good choice and they are good to deal with. Also if you don't like the holster you have a thirty day guarantee to return it for another or a refund.

Phil

·
Registered
58 Posts
I carry a P7 most of the time and my P99 a little of the time.

The VM2 for the P7 is VERY comfortable but I don't find it to be tuckable. An outside the pants shirt will work fine.

For tuckable, I use a CTAC carrying the P7. Not quite as comfortable but good enough and very hard to detect with the "C" clips. I bought a CTAC for the P99 but have not really used it enough to make a statement.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Alien,
The Sidearmor has such a shirt-tucker attachment device but it is not the easiest to use.
I am not sure the Sparks VM-2 works well that way and I would get a report from a user.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hello!
I just got my C-TAC the other day. My first experience was: hard plastic 'digs' into my side. Sometimes it's really uncomfortable. I have this feeling I position the holster in a wrong way. Any suggestions on the position? I try on the hip/behind the hip carry. When I walk and stand, the 'kidney' carry seems to be very good, but if I have to sit or drive - forget it. If I have it on my hip, it's okay to sit but the holster prints a little.
How do you carry your comp-tac C-TAC?

Thank you in advance,
Val

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like I'm going to want to go with a VersaMax2. That's what I was afraid of. I'm afraid because I'm going to have to wait 2 months to get the one I want
. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
However, I played with my c-tac a little and what an improvement! This holster allows you to change virtually anything. It took me just a few adjustments to avoid 'poking' to my side. I had to lift the holster above my belt, and the clever design let me shift it up at least 1 1/2 inch. Not only was it better for my flesh, it conceals great, too. I spend all this eve at home with my wife and 2 kids, had a friend over (he has a gun as well). Nobody had a clue and I was able to do all activities, including bathing a child and tucking her in/reading a book - all nine yards. I was watching TV on the sofa, sitting on the chair, bending over to pick up the baby - you name it. I did feel the weapon on my side all the time but the bottom line - I am not going to send it back yet. It has a good fighting chance.
I found out the best position for me is 4-4.30. When I tuck my shirt in, it does disappear.

Val

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the VM2 and think it's great. Best holster I've had. I don't have the "tuckable" clips, though, so can't comment on that feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts