Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help with this one. I picked this guy up and I don’t know any history on it. Thought maybe the experts could weigh in and give me some help. It’s a beautiful Eagle F gun that’s been engraved, when I do not know. It sports beautiful ivory grips. It’s different than most of the engraved guns that I see I the fact it has Celtic style engravings. I blurred out the serial number one digit.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's a very interesting piece. I would like to see better photos of the engraving. I'm sure it's not factory work, but it is well done in an unusual style.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly do you want pictures of and I’ll take them. I’m sure it’s not factory..this was built in 1944..

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I like it. What's that animal supposed to be ? Looks like a panther to me.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Thank you for sharing images of your engraved PP. To better appreciate the engraving, it would help to have closer images on a not so busy background. A grey background doesn't interfere with the light sensing of your camera or phone. Bright indirect lighting helps;no direct lights to reflect off the surface of the gun. Those are beautiful ivory grips. Is the finger extension on the magazine ivory also?

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
pilk is one of the finest engravers in the country. If he finds it "interesting" I'd certainly post more pictures for him to consider. He might be able to give you some detailed information about the engraving.

Good indirect lighting would be a help for the purposes of photos...we are looking forward to seeing more images of your weapon.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
It looks like the engraver tried to give this PP an ancient Egyptian vibe, with Celtic knot (weave) overtones. Blocky details on the overlays/underlays. Could have made the weave flow better with gradual radius/curve detail.

Makes for an odd combination, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts