Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used PPK/S marked "made in W. Germany." It came with 2 mags. The first one with the finger rest on the bottom makes sense; blued with no markings so it's probably original to the gun. The second one is confusing me. Can anyone tell me what era it came from and who made it and where (e.g., German, French, Interarms U.S.)? Thanks in advance!

Flat base plate
Blue (very smooth, nearly a polished finish)

One side:
Six holes with numbers 2 - 7 beside 6 of the holes
Walther banner on bottom near base plate with "Cal. 9mm kurz" printed below the banner

Other side:
One hole
Ribbed
Walther banner on bottom near base plate with "Cal. 380 ACP" printed below the banner

Thx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not much mystery there. The pistol came from the factory with one(1) '..flat..' baseplate magazine (ostensibly for better concealment) and one(1) extended '..pinky grip..' magazine.
"..Cal. 9mm kurz.." is simply equivalent to the US .380 ACP caliber designation.

This is the forum for the Walther/Umarex 2013 re-boot of the .22 LR version of the PPK/S. You may receive better feedback by querying the forum .380 PPK/S pages.??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much mystery there. The pistol came from the factory with one(1) '..flat..' baseplate magazine (ostensibly for better concealment) and one(1) extended '..pinky grip..' magazine.
"..Cal. 9mm kurz.." is simply equivalent to the US .380 ACP caliber designation.

This is the forum for the Walther/Umarex 2013 re-boot of the .22 LR version of the PPK/S. You may receive better feedback by querying the forum .380 PPK/S pages.??
Oops, my bad. I'll re-post it in the correct forum. Although, based on your answer I don't think my question was very clear. My 1974 should have come with (and probably did) one flat baseplate mag. During this time frame, however, the baseplate mags did not have any markings on them. While I did read that "some" had the Walther banner on one side of them with no numbers next to the peep holes, there's no mention anywhere of original Walther blued mags having the banner on both sides AND the numbers 2 - 7. I've seen some aftermarket MecGar logo flat baseplate mags that are blued with numbers, but not a blued Walther branded mag that has a flat baseplate with numbers. That's my puzzlement.

·
Registered
182 Posts
>>...Oops, my bad...<<<
Hardly that.....but I think that for a detailed knowledge of Walther PPK/S magazine genealogy ...the regular forum for '..PP and TP Series..' pistols will probably be the better resource for answers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts