Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bonjour,
Je recherche un Walther PDP en 4 pouces en taille réelle.
Cependant, je souhaite avoir la version 2.0 (nouvelle plaque) mais les armuriers que nous avons en Suisse ne savent pas quel modèle ils ont en stock.

Je comprends que le numéro de série est un bon indicateur. Un des armuriers m'a envoyé une photo du numéro de série FDM 6367 d'une de ses armes. Mais la plaque est une version 1. J'ai lu sur internet que les versions FDMxxxx étaient la version 2.0.

Pouvez-vous m'aider à y voir plus clair ?

Merci,

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Per Walther, 2.0 starts at FDL9203, FDM0001, and FDN3124.

A factory PDP will have a single serial number in three locations: frame, slide, and barrel. Which location was pictured?

Try not to get too caught up in the slide cut fiasco, anyway. If you're planning to mount a very large optic, then a 2.0 might be warranted; but if you're only concerned about screw shearing, loss of zero, etc., then know that there's plenty of documentation and testimony all over the internet indicating that any such doubts are almost entirely unfounded.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
292 Posts
It’s probably just semantics but you are looking for a PDP with a Gen 2 OPTIC CUT, that will accept a Gen 2 PLATE.

As @staubs indicates, a pistol with a FDMxxxx serial should have a Gen 2 cut.

I also think a Gen 1 or Gen 2 doesn’t make much difference although the Gen 2 is a little longer and will take more brands of optic sights.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It’s probably just semantics but you are looking for a PDP with a Gen 2 OPTIC CUT, that will accept a Gen 2 PLATE.

As @staubs indicates, a pistol with a FDMxxxx serial should have a Gen 2 cut.

I also think a Gen 1 or Gen 2 doesn’t make much difference although the Gen 2 is a little longer and will take more brands of optic sights.
That is my understanding as well. I also believe that all of the colored frame PDP’s are optic cut 2.0. I know that my gray and green frame ones have 2.0 cuts. They also fall with Lin the FDM serial number range as well. I also have a 1.0 cut without any issues. So I honestly wouldn’t get to wrapped up in the concern. If you watch the sagedynamics video testing the 1.0 optic, it is good to go.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
292 Posts
... I thought they switched over at FDMxxxx.
The serial number info that @staubs gave was posted on the Walther Arms Optic Plate Request webpage for many months (although the page has recently changed and now they ask you to supply your serial number).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts