Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..totally new here...and to guns! I have a Walther Modified PPK with the following writing: Waffenfebrik Walther (Thur..or Thud...dang eyes), Zella-Mehlis, Walther's Patent Cal 7.65 m/m inscription on the gun...and the holster and bullets. How/where in the world would I start if I wanted to know the market value?

and I apologize ahead of time..pretty sure I have posted this in the wrong spot..couldn't figure out how to post a new thread in a forum...

·
Super Moderator
14,811 Posts
I noticed your heading "Help...don't have a clue how to navigate..." and naturally thought I might be able to help. Ya see, I was a navigator in the Navy.....waaaaaay before GPS......I actually had to use a sextant and take star sightings, then go thru a complicated math exercise prior to plotting our position....and that was also waaaaay before hand held calculators too.

But I see you're needing info on PPK.....sorry can't help. We have some very knowledgeable people here and I'm sure someone will pipe up to help you out.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
OK, here you go:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...e-what-do-i-have-please-start-here-first.html

This will get you started. Posting a few photos in a new thread in the PP/TP section will get you some good answers and information.

And welcome to the forum; enjoy your time here. Be sure to wander around a bit, check out the Sticky threads in the FAQ section, and don't forget the rules of engagement. Enjoy your time with us.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the forum and the fine folks. Yes, pictures will help.

Photo

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Walther manufactured PPK pistols that were marked this way from about 1930 through the end of WW-II in 1945. There are several variations of minor design changes and markings that occurred over those years. That's why photos are needed to help much.

Specific markings may help indicate rarity or help predict demand for that variation.

"Thur" refers to "Thuringa" which is the state that the Walther Factory was in in Germany at that time.

It's possible that the ammunition is collectible, so resist the temptation to fire it.

There is a difference between what a collector will pay for a firearm in private sale, and what a retail store will buy it for, and will subsequently charge for it.

Count on a store offing half what a collector would pay for it, and charging 35% more (which is the insurance value).

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.