Walther Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to buy a PPK but want to know the date first.
On the left side of the slide it has the "Walther" banner towards the muzzle. Behind that it says: Waffenfaurik walther, Zella-Mahlis(thur)
Walther's patent cal 7,65 m/m.
On the right side UNDER the ejection port is a sideways "N" and an unidentifiable symbol next to it. The serial number is between the grips and trigger guard and if the muzzle is held straight up and down the number can be read left to right.
Gun has black plastic grips and is nickel. I am not sure the nickel is original. There are no other visible markings. I can post a partial serial number just tell me which parts of the serial number are needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All of the Walther produced pistols that are marked 'Waffenfaurik Walther, Zella-Mahlis(thur)' are pre-1945 production.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Zella Mehlis=Pre 1946

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
From your description, your pistol was made by Walther between 1929-1945. The finish is most likely not original to the gun, however decent photos could prove otherwise!

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Just a heads-up, but this thread originated in 2011 and EagleDreamer, along with Elvis and Michael Jordan and Johnny Football, has left the building.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.