Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have recently acquired a Walther PP in 7.65 x 17 and have been trying to get a manufacture date on it.

The guy at the gun shop says it's a 70s model, but the research I've done puts it more around 1935.

So I figured I'd come here and get some knowledge from the people that know.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Concur with '98; the 90* safety alone makes it a much older gun. Have to hope the shopman's foolishness saved you some money.

As regards dating it, try sending flowers and schnapps, and a nice note.
Moon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I had my local gun appraiser look at it also and he has it around 1935 as well.

He also said the gun has been re-blued since the barrel is supposed to be white/silver.

Overall he said with the re-bluing the guns only worth about $300 to $350.

My concern is if it was re-blued, there might have been rust on the barrel or on the slide itself.

·
Registered
283 Posts
PP

Thanks for the responses. I had my local gun appraiser look at it also and he has it around 1935 as well.

He also said the gun has been re-blued since the barrel is supposed to be white/silver.

Overall he said with the re-bluing the guns only worth about $300 to $350.

My concern is if it was re-blued, there might have been rust on the barrel or on the slide itself.
Hello,
Early PPs did not yet have the polished barrel holder as seen through the ejection port.
Best wishes,
Dieter H. Marschall.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
...Overall he said with the re-bluing the guns only worth about $300 to $350.

Hard to judge from your less-than-sharp pics, but it isn't clear that it has been reblued.
Serious rust leaves pits that are very hard to buff out without removing too much metal.
How is the bore?
Moon

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree with moon. It doesn’t immediately appear to be reblued from the less than clear pics. But there are enough pics there to that it appears to be factory original to me.

I’m always suspicious about dating a woman that posts fuzzy pics of herself on her profile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts