Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get excited about any SW99. Smith & Wesson announced the SW99 in .45 Auto, and apparently is about to announce SW99 compacts in 9mm and .40 Auto.

I will be informing Carl Walther (in Germany) of this in writing, as a way to encourage them to come out these 100% German-made P99 variations. I strongly suggest others do the same. Unless they hear from us, the consumers, they probably won't change their decision. When writing, be sure to be polite, and carefully and clearly state why you prefer a 100% German-made P99 over anything less. The address is:

Carl Walther GmbH
P.O. Box 2740
D-59717 Arnsberg
GERMANY

While it is clearly easier to send them an email ([email protected]), a written letter delivered directly to Germany is much more effective.

Let's do it, folks!

·
Registered
411 Posts
i'm composing as we speak.
P99 compact 9mm would be an instant purchase for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bought a P99 tonight, and thanks to NM_99 found this site.  Fired 300 rounds of various 9mm and LOVE it.  Letter in a day or so.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ken, perhaps we should also include the URL to this site, so they can come to an understanding of the civilian market, and remember that we're also customers from which they derive sales?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Count me in.

Dragonfly,

No, the current P99's are all German made. What Ken is trying to say is that instead of S&W making the SW99 series in .45 and compact versions, lets pressure Walther into making a .45 and compact in P99 all German format.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll hop on board too, and second the idea of an instant purchase on a 9mm compact model, (as mentioned
by NM_P99). There is power in numbers and a force to be reckoned by..... good suggestion lunde!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts