Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My Virginia CHP came in yesterday, so I decided to go with a Sidearmor IWB holster w/ J-hooks, 5` cant, black.

After placing my order, I realized that the order process didn't ask me whether the holster should be for the right or left side. After visiting the page again, I noticed a Javascript error shown at the top of the page. I'm no expert on this stuff, but it looks like this error kept some of the options from showing up.

I called Sidearmor several times today but got nothing but an answering machine. I left a message with my order number and said that I need a holster for the left side. I also sent them a message through their message form on the website.

For those of you who have placed online orders through Sidearmor's website, do you remember if the default choice was a left handed holster? I figure if they are arranged alphabetically the Left comes before Right so I may be ok. If they are arranged according to popularity though...right will be the default and I hope I dont get shipped one for the right side.

Is it normal for them not to answer their phones? I have the right number - the message says "You have reached Sidearmor yadda yadda". I am just really concerned because if I get the wrong holster I'll have to double up the shipping costs to send it back and get the right one, and who knows how long that could take.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As far as I know, and based on past ordering, the Walther P99 holster is available only in the right hand version.
I just checked their site and no mention is made of right or left hand versions.

It is a fine holster and also fits the SW99 in 45ACP. They have not tested it for that pistol so they do not advertise it as such. I have both the Walther P99 and the SW99-45 and it works fine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I visited their site several weeks ago, I believe there was an option for the left/right side.

I believe that this error that shows up on the page keeps it from showing up;
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file '/home/sidearmo/public_html/cart/templates_c/%%189/%%1894910960/4049201d09ca8' in /home/sidearmo/public_html/cart/Smarty-2.5.0/Smarty.class.php on line 1042

Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Operation not permitted in /home/sidearmo/public_html/cart/Smarty-2.5.0/Smarty.class.php on line 1575

·
Registered
36 Posts
The sidearmor folks are good folks, but I think they are a small shop and may have a show or something this weekend. They should take good care of you. If you can't get the sidearmor you want, Comp-Tac makes the C-TAC in a lefty for the Walther P99. I have one (RH) and I like it a lot. I also have a C-TAC for my 1911.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
txjeep,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was considering the Comp-Tac C-TAC holster, but I ended up deciding on the Sidearmor because I though it looked a little nicer.
If it turns out that Sidearmor does not have a lefty holster, I'll cancel my order and get a Comp-tac instead. The fact that Sidearmor is a small business may be to my advantage. They say that they take 10 days from order receipt to shipping, so my order should not have been processed yet (I hope). This way, I can cancel the order w/o the hassle of returning the product and eating the shipping costs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've known Patricia at Sidearmor for years, and trust me, she'll make it right. They are fabulous when it comes to customer service.

If you get the chance to speak to her, ask her if she's enjoyed any eggcreams lately. After the dead silence at the other end of the line, tell her I told you to say that.

..Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts