Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and happy to be here. I am a long time gun owner but new to walthers. I just recently bought myself a CCP M2 9mm, but it had some issues and I ended up sending it back. After talking to some people and reading reviews, I purchased a PPQ M2 9mm instead, just waiting for it to arrive. A also purchased my wife a PPS M2 9mm that fired very well out of the box.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Welcome, friend! Glad to have you here. Great people here, lots of knowledge, suggest you look around the forum. Willing to bet any and all questions you may have are already asked and/or answered. PPQ is a nice pistol. I tested a Q5 Steel frame and was just beyond impressed. Trigger was a like my 1911, and if you aren't used to light triggers, it would surprise you. Very nice. As for the CCP, I was just posting on another topic that I am trying to get behind an M2 380 and let the little lady do the same.

Here's something you can tell me... the 9mm a soft shooter??? Slide easy to rack??

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome aboard from coastal North Carolina. I hope you enjoy your PPQ and PPS as much as I do my classic models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, friend! Glad to have you here. Great people here, lots of knowledge, suggest you look around the forum. Willing to bet any and all questions you may have are already asked and/or answered. PPQ is a nice pistol. I tested a Q5 Steel frame and was just beyond impressed. Trigger was a like my 1911, and if you aren't used to light triggers, it would surprise you. Very nice. As for the CCP, I was just posting on another topic that I am trying to get behind an M2 380 and let the little lady do the same.

Here's something you can tell me... the 9mm a soft shooter??? Slide easy to rack??
The PPS is a decent shooter my wife is brand new to pistols so not sure if it’s her being timid of the gun. But it shot nice for me. I don’t think the slide racked very easily, (I racked an M&P recently an THAT was really easy to rack the slide) . I’m hoping it will wear in and get better over time.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The PPS is a decent shooter my wife is brand new to pistols so not sure if it’s her being timid of the gun. But it shot nice for me. I don’t think the slide racked very easily, (I racked an M&P recently an THAT was really easy to rack the slide) . I’m hoping it will wear in and get better over time.
I have a Classic PPS myself, in 40. That is my EDC, by far. I had a PPK, P99 AS full size, 1911 as carry pistols, but the PPS is what I stuck with. Only ever sold the PPK, I know how much flak that is going to get me in a place like this. Hahah. But in fairness, it was an S&W contract and it had its issues. cough slide bite cough

The CCP you had for that short time. That was the one I was inquiring about. Easy on the racking force??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and happy to be here. I am a long time gun owner but new to walthers. I just recently bought myself a CCP M2 9mm, but it had some issues and I ended up sending it back. After talking to some people and reading reviews, I purchased a PPQ M2 9mm instead, just waiting for it to arrive. A also purchased my wife a PPS M2 9mm that fired very well out of the box.
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Classic PPS myself, in 40. That is my EDC, by far. I had a PPK, P99 AS full size, 1911 as carry pistols, but the PPS is what I stuck with. Only ever sold the PPK, I know how much flak that is going to get me in a place like this. Hahah. But in fairness, it was an S&W contract and it had its issues. cough slide bite cough

The CCP you had for that short time. That was the one I was inquiring about. Easy on the racking force??
No I didn’t think it racked very easily

·
Registered
7 Posts
What model was the M&P? If it was the EZ model those are very easy to rack. What were the issues with the CCP?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What model was the M&P? If it was the EZ model those are very easy to rack. What were the issues with the CCP?
It’s failed to load and eject. Since my last post I sent the ccp m2 back to the company. Refunded my money and I purchased a PPQ M2 LE model. Should be delivered to my ffl shop tomorrow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts