Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I just joined.
My father brought a Walther pistol back from WWII, I have never done anything with it, much less know what specific model it is. He had told me years ago (he passed in 1994) that is was a PP, but my searches on the net seem to indicate it is a Model 4, 7.65 caliber.
Bear with me, as I am a total greenhorn concerning weapons.
Anyway, my goal is to have a gunsmith rebuild it to operating condition, and to learn how to properly use and take care of it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I live in the Texas DFW area.
Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome from Arlington, TX. Take it to Texas Gun Experience in Grapevine. They are a very professional outfit. If they can’t help, they will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Arlington, TX. Take it to Texas Gun Experience in Grapevine. They are a very professional outfit. If they can’t help, they will point you in the right direction.
Hey Simon, thanks for the welcome and recommendation - a good gunsmith was going to be my next question.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use their gunsmiths for most of my needs. I’ve always been happy with their results. It sounds like you might need someone a bit specialized but I’m sure they can advise on that.
When you’re ready to start shooting, drop me a line if you’d like some company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you!
I am, as I stated earlier, a complete greenhorn in the world of guns. Our household growing up wasn't anti-gun or anything like that, but my dad didn't hunt or have any interest after the war I guess. I was thrilled of course as a young boy when he passed the Walther on to me, and always planned to get it in working order and learn how to use it properly. The way things are going right now in our country have finally given me a nudge to get things in gear. In the meantime I've been reading all I can find on the internet about the Model 4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome ... I have several Walther PP and you'll enjoy shooting them. The guy that I have used is Earl's Repair Service. Specializes in German made Walthers and is an authorized dealer. Earl is super nice and extremely fast on repairs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome ... I have several Walther PP and you'll enjoy shooting them. The guy that I have used is Earl's Repair Service. Specializes in German made Walthers and is an authorized dealer. Earl is super nice and extremely fast on repairs.
Thank you very much for that recommendation!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts