Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me join. I ordered one of those $369, PPQ, 5", 40sw from SS, Fri., and now I'm playing the brutal waiting game. Was really looking for something in a 9, and with a safety, but this looks like too good of a deal to pass up. And I seem to shoot best with Walthers.
Looking forward to learning from this forum.
Thanks again, G

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome. Quite a deal on a 5" Walther. Congrats. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The 40 s&w are pretty reasonable at times. I went with the 9mm for the cheaper ammo. I figure I'll save a few hundred easy every year I shoot (over the 40). Went through over 2 cases in the last month alone between my old reliable pps m2 and a new HK 5" long slide VP9 I received Feb 22. . It's a hard habit to quit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bassackwards. I definetly took cost of ammo into consideration. But I want to own both calibers, so now I just have to wait for an as good of a deal on a 9.
Yes, the habit is picking up on me quickly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome from coastal North Carolina.

I'm sure that you'll enjoy your PPQ40. I had a PPQ9 until my adult daughter got her hands on it. Somehow, it became a birthday present. I have a PPS40 in my carry rotation which works well for me.

Ammo does cost a bit more than 9mm, but I always go to the range with a shooting plan which limits the number of rounds I fire during a given session.

I found that the drills on Todd Green's pistol-training site is a great way to train and limit ammo usage. I also download the free targets supplied for most drills listed.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Greetings from eastern NC :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on such a great bargain! I've loved my M1 .40 for the last seven years and have no intention of changing. You'll enjoy it :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for letting me join. I ordered one of those $369, PPQ, 5", 40sw from SS, Fri., and now I'm playing the brutal waiting game. Was really looking for something in a 9, and with a safety, but this looks like too good of a deal to pass up. And I seem to shoot best with Walthers.
Thanks again, G
SS is which company?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Thanks again, G
SS is which company?
https://shoot-straight.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. Received my gun and am very pleased. It even came with a 2nd mag, which I didn't expect at that price. Yes, Shoot Straight. They also have the 4in at the same price. Plan on taking it to the range next week.... can't wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts