Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am new to the Walther family, I purchased my first PDP last month (4.5 PDP, I think its their version 2 looking at the RD mount cut, mine has the green lower) I have been around firearms since early 80's, Served in the British Army for 13 years (83-97) and have been an hobby shooter in Canada for 10 years, I am looking forwards to learning lots about Walthers and the community
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
207 Posts
Welcome from another ex-pat Brit! I also have a PDP FS 4.5" Gen 2.

Reactions: t831548

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from another ex-pat Brit! I also have a PDP FS 4.5" Gen 2.
Hello Mate, thanks for the shout out, i haven't shot mine yet, (awaiting the paper work to give me permission to take it to the range) got a RD on the way, now i have to wait for the RD mount plate from Walther, i was able to shoot one at my local range, its was one of their rental guns, i really liked the feel and my groups were pretty good for first time with one,

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hello Everyone, I am new to the Walther family, I purchased my first PDP last month (4.5 PDP, I think its their version 2 looking at the RD mount cut, mine has the green lower) I have been around firearms since early 80's, Served in the British Army for 13 years (83-97) and have been an hobby shooter in Canada for 10 years, I am looking forwards to learning lots about Walthers and the community View attachment 106354
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
207 Posts
Hello Mate, thanks for the shout out, i haven't shot mine yet, (awaiting the paper work to give me permission to take it to the range) got a RD on the way, now i have to wait for the RD mount plate from Walther, i was able to shoot one at my local range, its was one of their rental guns, i really liked the feel and my groups were pretty good for first time with one,
I just got back from Canada after spending 3 weeks up there - my wife is from Nova Scotia.

Which optic plate did you request? The RMR/Holosun footprint plates seem to arrive pretty quickly - a week or so in the US - but some of the others take much longer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back from Canada after spending 3 weeks up there - my wife is from Nova Scotia.

Which optic plate did you request? The RMR/Holosun footprint plates seem to arrive pretty quickly - a week or so in the US - but some of the others take much longer.
cool, i am from AB, and Cowtown, i ordered the Holosun one, so fingers x'd it comes quick, but in the meantime i can practice with Iron sights

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
207 Posts
cool, i am from AB, and Cowtown, i ordered the Holosun one, so fingers x'd it comes quick, but in the meantime i can practice with Iron sights
I have a Holosun on mine too, a 508T GR X2. I’m very pleased with it.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
207 Posts
nice, i have the Holosun 507c GR X2, ACSS Vulcan reticle
For me it was a tough choice between the ACSS Vulcan and the MRS. Maybe for my next pistol I'll try the Vulcan.

I've read some reports on the Vulcan but after you use it for a while I'd be interested in your thoughts.

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
207 Posts
You'll probably also notice that once you mount the Holosun your standard polymer sights will be out of the RD's sight picture. I and several others went for the Walther BUIS that show in the bottom 1/4-1/3 of the Holosun but, as you probably know, the PDP accepts any Glock standard sights and there are lots out there.

Reactions: Jimmo952
1 - 19 of 19 Posts