Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I just recently picked up a new PPK/S in 22lr. I got this to have something I could afford to shoot during ammo shortages like the one we’re in now. I look forward to talking with you guys. Just for the record I am fairly new to guns in general so bare with me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi from SC. I have one of those and it was my first gun purchased in over 40 years so basically a newbie. DO NOT try to shoot cheap ammo you will be greatly disappointed. These things run best on high velocity ammo such as CCI Mini Mags or Remington Golden Bullets. Do not over lube and expect a little break in period.

if you run into issue post it here and plenty of people will try to help. Also I’ve had Good service from Walther when needed and they have been great.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi from SC. I have one of those and it was my first gun purchased in over 40 years so basically a newbie. DO NOT try to shoot cheap ammo you will be greatly disappointed. These things run best on high velocity ammo such as CCI Mini Mags or Remington Golden Bullets. Do not over lube and expect a little break in period.
Ok good to know. Thank you. Do you have one of the current production models?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok good to know. Thank you. Do you have one of the current production models?

if you run into issue post it here and plenty of people will try to help. Also I’ve had Good service from Walther when needed and they have been great.
I bought some Remington Goldens today. Got the last 3 in stock. I’ve used stingers in my wife’s beretta bobcat but the golds will be a first for me. Thanks again for the advise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome from a fellow newbie in Missouri. I've never used Goldens either, but I've got some on hand I'm going to try in my TPH I picked up a week ago. I've become a fan of .22 pistols as of late...can't beat the fun factor and the cost of ammo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from a fellow newbie in Missouri. I've never used Goldens either, but I've got some on hand I'm going to try in my TPH I picked up a week ago. I've become a fan of .22 pistols as of late...can't beat the fun factor and the cost of ammo.
Same here. I bought my wife a little Bobcat for her birthday and decided to go get a 22 pistol for myself so we could shoot as much as we want together. They’re a lot of fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts