Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a PPK from my family and would like to find out more about it. I have looked everywhere to find nothing. Hope you guys can help me out. It says it’s made in west Germany. The serial number is 225434. I would like to find out the year and more about it please

Thanks so much

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was given a PPK from my family and would like to find out more about it. I have looked everywhere to find nothing. Hope you guys can help me out. It says it’s made in west Germany. The serial number is 225434. I would like to find out the year and more about it please

Thanks so much

Welcome to the forum Troy. I'm sure many would love to help you but if you could take a couple photos of your PPK on both sides, close up so the various stamps and markings can be observed, it would help tremendously. Walther, unlike other manufacturers, sometimes used serial numbers that don't really track well to hard dates. Yours could be pre-war, post war, commercial, PD issue, etc. And besides that, we love pictures anyway.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Deutschland.
I would love to get a 7.65 in any Walther.
I am visiting my son in Duthschland but my references are back in the US. Sorry I can not help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
A quick look on a date code chart previously posted by MGMike indicates 1967 - 1968 time frame for your PPK.
Welcome to the forum'

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
We certainly know the weapon is of post war production as there was no West Germany until after the war. You may even find the date stamped in the ejection port
Here is my 1965 PP (finished in Ulm, 65 date stamp and the staghorn proof)to give you an idea where to look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts