Walther Forums banner

Hello everyone. My name is Joel Shockley and I’m trying to find out the place of origin of my deceased brother’s P38. It has limited markings.

230 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Joelmshockley
Reactions: 2
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Condolences about your brother.

I'm not knowledgeable about these sorts of things but hopefully someone more well versed in these older guns will be along soon.

In the meantime... looks like a cool gun. Do you have any more pictures to share?
A very cool gun indeed. I’m looking forward to hearing more from the experts here.

And in that last photo, it looks like the lost shaker of salt turned up. 😉
Welcome aboard from coastal North Carolina. Nice P38... probably best to post your request for info on the pistol in the Classics section under Firearms.
Reactions: 1
Welcome to the forum.

The Eagle/359 stamp on the frame identifies it as having been manufactured by Walther. The slide has features that date it to no later than 1943.

Unfortunately this P.38 has been heavily polished and refinished, probably to remove pitting corrosion. All collector value has been lost. I would estimate its value at around $500.
Welcome to the forum.

The Eagle/359 stamp on the frame identifies it as having been manufactured by Walther. The slide has features that date it to no later than 1943.

Unfortunately this P.38 has been heavily polished and refinished, probably to remove pitting corrosion. All collector value has been lost. I would estimate its value at around $500.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts