Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have joined the groups recently. I like classical Walther guns very much. Yes, I am from Ankara, Turkiye, Couple of months ago my old uncle gave his 7,65 mm “Kirikkale” the licenced Turkish Walther clone to me as his present. I had it registered as it is obligatory by law and I am very glad to own this 1958 model PP type of gun. All components are basically same as a PP. It works perfectly, flawless, shot couple of magazines in a row, bery nice shooting. I already have strong gun culture as I had a carrying license for 5 years in the first half of years 2000. I had a 9 mm heavy Turkish gun then. Now looking at my PP Kirikkale I see what a nice design it has and such a comfortable grip you have. Also a PP gun can be carried so comfortably, just by tucking it in the back of your trouser’s waist beltjust fits and no huge burden at all. The mechanism is beautifully simple and the machine is perfect. I would like it better when I change the old bacalyte grips with nice walther type wooden grips, walnut would make perfect grips for this gun. There are many good Turkish guns in the legal market in Turkiye, the importance of Kirikkale is that it is the first official service gun of the Republic established after 1st WW and the fşrst models were started to be started by MKE (Machinary-Chemicals-Industries/the public owned local weapons institution). MKE nowadays produces the automatic Turkish infantry rifle, all sorts of artillery etc. In fact the brand name Kirikkale is the name of town where the factory is near Ankara. Very glad being in the forum and I am sure there will be a lot of interesting talks to follow. Best Regards.
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Line

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
127 Posts
Hoşgeldiniz!

It's nice to have more international presence here.

Reactions: Simon Exioglu

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have joined the groups recently. I like classical Walther guns very much. Yes, I am from Ankara, Turkiye, Couple of months ago my old uncle gave his 7,65 mm “Kirikkale” the licenced Turkish Walther clone to me as his present. I had it registered as it is obligatory by law and I am very glad to own this 1958 model PP type of gun. All components are basically same as a PP. It works perfectly, flawless, shot couple of magazines in a row, bery nice shooting. I already have strong gun culture as I had a carrying license for 5 years in the first half of years 2000. I had a 9 mm heavy Turkish gun then. Now looking at my PP Kirikkale I see what a nice design it has and such a comfortable grip you have. Also a PP gun can be carried so comfortably, just by tucking it in the back of your trouser’s waist beltjust fits and no huge burden at all. The mechanism is beautifully simple and the machine is perfect. I would like it better when I change the old bacalyte grips with nice walther type wooden grips, walnut would make perfect grips for this gun. There are many good Turkish guns in the legal market in Turkiye, the importance of Kirikkale is that it is the first official service gun of the Republic established after 1st WW and the fşrst models were started to be started by MKE (Machinary-Chemicals-Industries/the public owned local weapons institution). MKE nowadays produces the automatic Turkish infantry rifle, all sorts of artillery etc. In fact the brand name Kirikkale is the name of town where the factory is near Ankara. Very glad being in the forum and I am sure there will be a lot of interesting talks to follow. Best Regards. View attachment 105596
View attachment 105595
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the group. I lived and worked in Ankara from 2005-2010.
many great times there!
what remember about pistols there is the ammo is limited on how much you may buy a year.
I thought if I had a pistol there, I might figure out what powder was in the shotgun shells, cast my own lead bullets.
the only part lacking is primers. How difficult is it to get reloading supplies there?

cheers Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the group. I lived and worked in Ankara from 2005-2010.
many great times there!
what remember about pistols there is the ammo is limited on how much you may buy a year.
I thought if I had a pistol there, I might figure out what powder was in the shotgun shells, cast my own lead bullets.
the only part lacking is primers. How difficult is it to get reloading supplies there?

cheers Ed
Hi Ed,
It's very nice and interesting to get in communication with someone who has lived in my city for quite a considerable life time and good to hear you had some great times here. Thanks very much for the friendly welcome and your meaningful comments, your points are true however I will have to update some of the past information. You remember very correctly about the limited yearly quota. As you also know one has a yearly quota of ammunition for each licenced pistol he or she hasand at the time you were here, the yearly number of bullets you could by was 200 bullets/year for each gun. The law has changed in year 2019 and the yearly bullets you can buy increased to 1000 bullets/year for each licenced gun you have. Which improves the situation significantly, 5 times better than past. Besides what improved since then is now we have privately owned shooting ranges in the city. If you remeber, in the past as a civilian, you could only utilize the MKE shooting range in Tandogan district where there is the headquarters of MKE and the official gun store. So nowadays you can go to the private shooting ranges and shoot there with your own gun or you canuse their various guns and for any kind of shooting there, you can buy your ammunition in the range. All ammunition in the past have been produced by MKE (in Kirikkale), nowadays you various private entity brands officially you can buy for a bit cheaper price, I won't spell the brands names here. Though apparently they are good, for me I only trust the long years of experience and quality of MKE and do not intend to use any other ammunition.

Well, considering your option of making your own ammunition, such practice to my knowledge is very well done by hunters for their hunting rifle cartridges. They prepare their own cartridges by using the gun powder and pellets etc. in appropriate dosage and design they wish. As you know they prepare different cartridges say for e.g. to hunt wild boars (dum-dum type etc.). However for the hand guns I never heard anybody getting into that job. I think you should be quite expertized for making proper bullets. Also I am not quite sure whether that is legally allowed to make bullets for the hand guns or not, they might not be I think. So, as I mentioned above, all sorts of hunting cartrige reloading supplies are available in hunting and gun supplies stores working legally as legal distributers of MKE everywhere in Ankara.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Simon,
I am glad to hear that they have made the ammunition much easier to buy. I shot only shotguns while we lived there. Ammunition for shotgun had no limit. There was a shotgun range for trap and skeet outside of Ankara, they closed it just before I left, which was very sad. I was able to buy several Huglu shotguns while there. had time to visit the huglu factory several times too. Very interesting to watch them build the shotguns. If they have small rifle primers, then those can be adapted to pistol, depending on how heavy the firing pin is for your gun. Rifle primers are just a little harder than the pistol. If you were interested in learning about making bullets, there is another very good forum, Castboolits.com. Everything you could want to learn there.
When I there in Ankara, I lived downtown, very near the Hilton and Marriott hotels.
Again, so glad to hear they are making it easier to get ammo, and opening up ranges in town.
ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simon,
I am glad to hear that they have made the ammunition much easier to buy. I shot only shotguns while we lived there. Ammunition for shotgun had no limit. There was a shotgun range for trap and skeet outside of Ankara, they closed it just before I left, which was very sad. I was able to buy several Huglu shotguns while there. had time to visit the huglu factory several times too. Very interesting to watch them build the shotguns. If they have small rifle primers, then those can be adapted to pistol, depending on how heavy the firing pin is for your gun. Rifle primers are just a little harder than the pistol. If you were interested in learning about making bullets, there is another very good forum, Castboolits.com. Everything you could want to learn there.
When I there in Ankara, I lived downtown, very near the Hilton and Marriott hotels.
Again, so glad to hear they are making it easier to get ammo, and opening up ranges in town.
ed
Hi Ed,
You inspired me for getting into trap and skeet. I checked some Turkish shooter's forums and found out interested people here are olso expressing their sadness like you said about the closed shotgun range in the countryside of Ankara. But it seems like they are planning a new one. In any case I found out there's a sufficiently good trap and skeet range in Konya (3 hrs drive) and also one in Eskişehir which is also nearby. Trap and skeet also very descent olympic sports in any case (to hide one's gun loving nature :))) and should be a lot of fun. Coming to Huğlu, that's legendary for shotguns. May be the oldest shotgun manufacturer. I know they are producing great rifles since years before very attractive and good price.
Also let me tell you, I grew up in the adjacent street to Hilton. When I was a kid Hilton land was ma moderately steep empty land which was our favourite play ground of our neighborhood kids gang and in winter it was our sledge course and we'd slide like mad downhill with great speed! Before global warming, we had harsh winters with much snow then in Ankara. Just another anectode for that area, on the other side of hill was Kavaklıdere vineyard and a very nice small winery of Kavaklidere Wines originating there. In 80's as that vineyard land had become much more valuable for producing grapes there, they sold it to have the Sheraton Hotel there and unfortunately they demolished the winery and cellar...If they at least kept the winehouse and cellars buildings, it could have been like a small müseum even a tourist attraction to the big hotel ... never mind...
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi Ed,
You inspired me for getting into trap and skeet. I checked some Turkish shooter's forums and found out interested people here are olso expressing their sadness like you said about the closed shotgun range in the countryside of Ankara. But it seems like they are planning a new one. In any case I found out there's a sufficiently good trap and skeet range in Konya (3 hrs drive) and also one in Eskişehir which is also nearby. Trap and skeet also very descent olympic sports in any case (to hide one's gun loving nature :))) and should be a lot of fun. Coming to Huğlu, that's legendary for shotguns. May be the oldest shotgun manufacturer. I know they are producing great rifles since years before very attractive and good price.
Also let me tell you, I grew up in the adjacent street to Hilton. When I was a kid Hilton land was ma moderately steep empty land which was our favourite play ground of our neighborhood kids gang and in winter it was our sledge course and we'd slide like mad downhill with great speed! Before global warming, we had harsh winters with much snow then in Ankara. Just another anectode for that area, on the other side of hill was Kavaklıdere vineyard and a very nice small winery of Kavaklidere Wines originating there. In 80's as that vineyard land had become much more valuable for producing grapes there, they sold it to have the Sheraton Hotel there and unfortunately they demolished the winery and cellar...If they at least kept the winehouse and cellars buildings, it could have been like a small müseum even a tourist attraction to the big hotel ... never mind...
Cheers
I post the below pictures for visualizing better the Kavaklidere Winery, the bottom most picture shows the Wineyard, the first small building is the Winery and Cellar downhill, early 70's...
Sorry in advance for bothering the uninterested chaps in the group with the irrelevant pictures

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Plant Sky Cloud Natural landscape Tree

1 - 12 of 12 Posts