Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new Hellcat the other day, I haven't been able to go shoot it yet as I am in quaratine for another 10 days or so, but I am impressed with the little pistol so far as far as build quality, the trigger, and OMG...the sights! I got the OSP model so I can put a Micro Red Dot on it. I ordered a Shield SMSc from Springfield's web site and it is supposed to be deliverd tomorrow! I had a P365 but I wasn't thrilled with it in the hand...I know they look very similar, but to me, the Hellcat does a better job of filling my mitts than the P365 did. I am so stoked to get to take this to the range and put some rounds through it. Does anybody here have one? What do you like/dislike about it?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have one of the bigger really early predecessors to that, an HS2000 before Springfield bought them out. Very nice pistol, fits hand really well, recoil very manageable.

I have heard many good things, and if this little (”little”) version can do the same job of filling hand and being comfy to shoot, you will be more than happy. Am I right in thinking that they offer spacers and you can use slightly longer mags to get a better grip if you have larger hands??

Or am I misinformed??

In all reality, congrats on the purchase. Quarantine for 10 more days??? You come up positive?? I had to do that the first week of December... 10 dang days away from my new bride because I came up positive... No symptoms, never was sick... But the contact tracers at work (yes they hired actual contact tracers who make it their business to be in your business... hope they are the first ones fired when this turns out to be the sham it is...) they called me until I picked up and made sure I followed the rules to prevent the spread. Wife never got it, still doesn’t have it. I don’t even think I really did... But that is another rant for another millennia...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of the bigger really early predecessors to that, an HS2000 before Springfield bought them out. Very nice pistol, fits hand really well, recoil very manageable.

I have heard many good things, and if this little (”little”) version can do the same job of filling hand and being comfy to shoot, you will be more than happy. Am I right in thinking that they offer spacers and you can use slightly longer mags to get a better grip if you have larger hands??

Or am I misinformed??

In all reality, congrats on the purchase. Quarantine for 10 more days??? You come up positive?? I had to do that the first week of December... 10 dang days away from my new bride because I came up positive... No symptoms, never was sick... But the contact tracers at work (yes they hired actual contact tracers who make it their business to be in your business... hope they are the first ones fired when this turns out to be the sham it is...) they called me until I picked up and made sure I followed the rules to prevent the spread. Wife never got it, still doesn’t have it. I don’t even think I really did... But that is another rant for another millennia...
I picked up a new Hellcat the other day, I haven't been able to go shoot it yet as I am in quaratine for another 10 days or so, but I am impressed with the little pistol so far as far as build quality, the trigger, and OMG...the sights! I got the OSP model so I can put a Micro Red Dot on it. I ordered a Shield SMSc from Springfield's web site and it is supposed to be deliverd tomorrow! I had a P365 but I wasn't thrilled with it in the hand...I know they look very similar, but to me, the Hellcat does a better job of filling my mitts than the P365 did. I am so stoked to get to take this to the range and put some rounds through it. Does anybody here have one? What do you like/dislike about it?
I rented a Hellcat with intention to buy earlier this year. Put it side by side with the Sig, Glock, and a Walther PPS m2. None were bad pistols. I was surprised the Walther worked best for me. Far more accurate and easy to shoot. So the hellcat went to hell and the PPS went in my EDC holster. 🤗

·
Super Moderator
7,411 Posts
Now THAT ^^^^ is interesting. The name has an Eastern European sound; where are they actually made?
N4KVE, your handle sounds like a ham call sign?
Best,
Moon

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I had a Hellcat and still have a 365. I liked how the Hellcat seemed to allow a larger hand to grip it with ease. I find myself liking the 365 more though. It's modular like the 320, I'm about to swap the grip module for an XL grip and carry that for the remainder of winter. Go back to the little grip for summer. It's just a nifty design.

I did like the yellow front sight of the Hellcat better than the Sig X Ray. As for micro optics, I have a Romeo Zero on my Canik TP9 SC, works like a charm and the Canik has thing has a trigger the Hellcat and 365 could only dream about so I shoot that the most.

I have a feeling Sig will bring out an optic ready slide for the standard 365 soon.

·
Super Moderator
7,411 Posts
I've handled the Hellcat, and might be interested if there were no P365. Just a little too big for my purposes, tho' the sights would serve well on a bigger pistol.

·
Super Moderator
7,411 Posts
GeMor, thnx. Lots of good machine work out of Eastern Europe.
Moon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts