Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two P99AS full size pistols, one with about 2500 rounds and another with about 12,000. The older, higher round count one has recently had a very, very heavy SA pull. The DA is smoother and lighter than the new gun, which makes sense. However, the SA, after the normal takeup, has an incredibly heavy wall. I don't have a trigger gauge, but comparing it to the newer pistol it's far, far heavier. All the travel is the same, but the wall right before the break is just super heavy.

I know the DA and SA pulls on a P99 are kindof two different sets of parts, and that the SA is a function of the trigger bar, sear lever, and striker sear. I can only guess that there's some issue between the sear lever and the striker sear. But comparing the two pistols, all I can tell is that there may be a bit more "play" in the fit of the striker sear in the older one.

I can also note that if I put the older slide on the newer frame, everything is fine. Newer slide on the older frame is even worse than the complete old pistol - both trigger pulls are far heavier than normal.

I'm hoping someone with more in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of a P99 has some insight - the best I can do is guess which parts may be having issues. This pistol has already been to Walther and back for a cracked trigger shoe, so I can do that again if necessary. But if at all possible I'd like to avoid that, or at least have a better description of the problem if I have to send it in.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Maybe at least call them and talk to their pros. They might tell you what is wrong, and give you the option to send it in. I hate to be without my guns when I send them in. Heck, I am sick to my stomach without my Belgian 98 action as it is at the barrel maker to be fitted.

I sent my P99AS in a few years ago, and the turn around time was less than a week. They will be able to get to bottom of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts