Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Here's my P22CA, which has had issues in the past and will probably continue to have issues.
Currently still browsing for a P99 that's in California. I wish everyone Happy Holidays!
Thanks. I was in your town three weeks ago. There, Healdsberg, Sonoma, Napa, SF, etc. Beautiful State. What are the problems you are having? Perhaps we can sort them out. 1917

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No actual issues 1917*, it has been running flawlessly after throwing a Galloway Precision Captured Guiderod in it, and using the right type of ammo. Still jams occasionally, but that's most likely cause of the +3 followers I got during California's Freedom Week (April of 2019).
I have lost count of how many rounds I've put through it, but no matter how dirty it gets, it runs amazingly. And clean up is fairly simple. I'm no professional gunsmith so I'm a little weary of taking apart the frame and doing a deep clean. (Even after going over your P22 Bible multiple times. Very well written.)
Funnily enough, my Grandfather had a ISSC M22 (Glock clone) that wouldn't cycle, even good CCI Mini-Mags. Gun was a POS. Persuaded him to get a P22, and he loves the thing (minus blaming the grip angle for is lack of accuracy)
Went to reassemble it after looking at the internals. THE THING HAD A PLUG THAT GOES INTO THE GUIDEROD HOLE TO ALIGN THE SPRING. Wish I would of had that🤣

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
Your grandfather must have one of the QD models with the Walther captive recoil spring assembly. It is better made than aftermarket systems in my opinion. It will not fit older P22s unless you drill out the guide rod hole to 1/4". Then it fits fine. You cannot use the original system again once you drill out the guide rod hole at the end of the muzzle. I did a thread on that modification somewhere back along the line...with pictures. 1917

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surprising enough it's a P22CA, the same model I have. It has an uncaptured Guiderod and spring, it was just an inch long plastic rod that was tapered on both ends like a tooth pick to help align the Guiderod spring. I was just confused what it was until he showed me🤣

1 - 6 of 6 Posts