Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know that you said, that you have failure to eject 30% of the time, is this the only problem that you need addressed or are there more. I know that a failure to feed problem could be a broken striker pin, it stays protruding out of the slide, and when the next round gets ramped up, the little nub sticking out, prevents the round from moving up into position.
As far as failure to eject or extract, you would have to look real close at the extractor, the extractor spring and bolt, and the ejector itself. The 9mm round has plenty of pressure to achieve all of this, but if the extractor is slipping off of the spent casing before it hits the ejector, and flipping it out, then a wore extractor part or even a part that was never within spec could be the cause. You could buy these extractor parts, they are pretty easy to change, and see if that takes care of the issue.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well alright then, it doesn't matter what I say, if you have already condemned the firearm in your mind, nothing will change that fact. What i would like to know is, is scotty54 the original owner and did it use to function well and stopped functioning. I know mine has a 100,000 serial number and I have had minimal problems with it.
Just sayin

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well alright then, it doesn't matter what I say, if you have already condemned the firearm in your mind, nothing will change that fact. What i would like to know is, is scotty54 the original owner and did it use to function well and stopped functioning. I know mine has a 100,000 serial number and I have had minimal problems with it.
Just sayin
Hey Meho. Many people got burned with early samples that plain didn't work -- or broke -- or couldn't be made to work by Walther.

How many rounds do you have though yours and what kind of problems did it have?

To be honest, I like to hear from people who've had good experiences with the gun. I want to see it work as it's the best feeling, smaller gun out there.
Jimmo952, i have around 1600 to 1700 rounds though mine, that is not an exaggeration, i purchased my ccp 11 months ago, and between the ccp and a hk vp9sk, i have gone though 3000 rounds. Honestly, I have had 4 or 5 stovepipes, i had 1 trigger return spring break, and 1 striker/firing pin break, thats it. Now, i cant say for sure, but i believe the striker broke from too much dry fire, but i cannot prove that. I would say 1300 of the 1700 rounds were umc remmington 115g fmj and the other 400 were winchester white box 124g nato. Now, other than here, i know of no one else that has a ccp, i guess that why i dont understand, all of these horror stories, cuz i havent had those experiences with mine, and have 100% confidence with it on my hip. I did notice once, that when i used hornady critical defense, with nickle plated casings, that when i went hot on top, and removed the magizine, a round, sometimes two would fall out. I determined that, when the first round goes in, it would drag another to the ramp, then when you drop the mag, it would flip that round out, sometimes two. The hornaday nickle plated steel casings were too hard and too slick, so i just use natural brass ammo, which, the brass casing is softer, and more malleable, so the magizine grips it better. I carry it with 147g jhp winchester silvertip, never had that problem since.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Umarex has owned walther since 1993, no one is complaining about any other model that is manufactured under umarex umbrella, like the ppq or the q5 or any other model. The ccp has almost an identical design to the hk p7, no one complaining about that. I dont believe umarex is to blame, but I guess the buck stops with them, I would be more willing the blame quality control in germany first. I have not had any issue with mine, so I cant say the design is at fault.
Just my humble opinion

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.