Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
"but this one has a piston that neutralizes that recoil energy. That has always seemed a bit of a problematic portion of the pistol to me"

This wasn't an issue for the Heckler & Koch P7. Search HK P7 issues. The P7 runs 100%, even with the extractor REMOVED!

This soft recoil piston design works, when NOT designed/produced to an "entry level" price point.

My sons and I ran over 300 rds thru my HK P7 M13 last week in Florida, flawless.

Both of my sons have a new "favorite" pistol.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well alright then, it doesn't matter what I say, if you have already condemned the firearm in your mind, nothing will change that fact......

The way most view the CCP problems, reality condemned the firearm.

The fact that we "stored" that reality info in our minds, does not make the CCP issues a product of our minds.

You have Umarex to thank for that.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
The problem is, people keep saying there is a problem, there might have been some issues with early production CCP's, but not any more.

This could well be the case, but the masses moved on.

Releasing a product before the development process has been completed leads to an inevitable reality, the item is forever condemned due to the issues of the 1.0 version.

Bean counters are too busy counting beans to notice this. The correct LEADERSHIP is required to ensure sufficient time/funds are dedicated to development PRE PRODUCT RELEASE.

I'm willing to bet Umarex will do it again too.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You've confused "details" with fundamentals.

M

The CCP engineering group lacked the fundamentals knowledge the HK P7 engineers had.

The CCP therefore, had may details in its design that needed refinement.

Hence, the devil in the details comment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.