Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what hundreds of others have - a CCP that is so unreliable it sits in a desk drawer unused.

Has any cause been identified? I realize there may be more than one, but I would like to find a gunsmith willing to take a crack at fixing mine. I have given up on Walther's customer (no) service.

With any other handgun I would probably just cut my losses and to sell it as scrap, but I really enjoy shooting this gun. It is my favorite as far as ergo and balance. My love-hate relationship!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize some folks have had fewer problems, and I also understand that handling can effect a handgun's accuracy and reliability. I am a professionally trained and experienced shooter. I own six other handguns of various brands (Ruger, Taurus, Sig, S&W) and I TRUST all of them in a life or death situation.

However . . .

My CCP is flawed and so are hundreds of others I have tried everything, including a trip back to the factory. I am not alone in this.

What I was looking for from you folks - has anyone identified particular physical flaws or defects that can be addressed independently?

Like I said before, I want to FIX it, not just gripe about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That link was a big help. Thanks!

My CCP is an M1, the constant problem is FTE.

I thought I had the problem solved a while ago when it shot Winchester Train ammo with a far less FTE than normal (normal is 30% - no kidding). But now it won't even shoot that. I clean it after each trip to the range, and I am thorough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would have never compared the P7 to the CCP - interesting. That's a pistol I know little about, so I just read a few reviews.

Thanks for all the opinions and info about the CCP - I have been in touch again with Ft. Smith which seems like my only option, other than having a local gunsmith tackle it, but at this point I don't think spending more money will yield results.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yes, I am the original owner. I had problems right from the start, but briefly it had a reliable period when I began using Winchester T and D ammo. When I started having problems again I tried another ammo, PMC. So many fails I put the thing away. I am going to let Ft. Smith have another go at it, but I honestly don't expect anything from it. Hoping for a solution, but skeptical.

And, if anyone wants to link the problems to PMC ammo - it shoots perfectly in every other 9mm I own. Actually, I have never had problems with any ammo in any other 9mm, ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.