Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I have no idea whether FTE means a Failure to Eject, or Extract, the acronym for a sexual disorder, or some type of carcinogenic plastic. But I know this --from experience-- that diagnosis precedes the remedy, and will tell you if it's even curable (though my guess is that it's not-- in which case trying to insist on satisfaction from a so-called "Legendary" Lifetime Warranty is a gross waste of time and effort).

In my opinion, it's a flawed design, poorly executed.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The "MAIN" problem seems to be conceptual: an idea that the H&K P7 could be duplicated on the cheap, using Umarex blank-firing pistol modes of construction. It was misbegotten from Day One: the first examples appeared with mislocated ejector slots in the slide and ragged holes cut through the wall of the striker channel. Those slides should have been rejected and scrapped, but instead these guns were spilled onto the market-- stark evidence of ZERO quality control, final inspection, or management concern. What a confidence builder...

The only thing they seem to have gotten right was the shape of the plastic grip frame.
It might have been useful if they'd put a different pistol inside it.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
...The ccp has almost an identical design to the hk p7, no one complaining about that. ...
There is practically NOTHING identical in the design of the CCP and the P7 except the basic principle of gas retardation. The MAIN problem with the CCP can be cured only with a press release announcing its discontinuance.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
You're still hung up on "details". But it's not just the details. It's how the fundamentals are designed. Two guns that use the same basic operating principle cannot, from that fact alone, be said to have similar designs. The P7 and the CCP are completely different guns, just as the SIG P228 and the Colt Commander are completely different guns notwithstanding the fact that both use the same basic operating principle, the Browning locked-breech short-recoil tilting-barrel locking system.

The Mercedes-Benz E350 I used to drive had, undeniably, "many similarities" with the Ford Fusion my wife still has. Both use the same basic operating system: an internal combustion gasoline engine driving an automatic transmission connected to the wheels. Both have a steering wheel and a sunroof. And doubtless many other "similarities". But one would have to be irrationally obtuse to imagine that these are even remotely similar designs.

Firearms of course are far simpler machines than automobiles. But those who study the blueprints for any new handgun will acquire an appreciation for those individual characteristics that, in various ways and in combination, make it unique.

M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.