Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther Forums newbie here. Ordered a Creed and will be picking it up at the FFL tomorrow.

Been combing the forum and have found posts where folks have had problems with the feed ramp coming loose causing some feeding issues. Has Walther fixed this problem?

I bought my Creed after reading many reviews and watching many reviews that touted them as reliable. I bought it to serve as a truck gun/ downstairs hideout gun so it needs to be reliable for SD purposes.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found this online. Looks like maybe the barrel would have to be loose for the feed ramp to be loose?

The PPX’s three-part barrel assembly is covered by this patent: https://www.google.com/patents/US8997623.

The tube threads into the locking piece. A flange at the rear of the tube pulls and traps the feed ramp against the locking piece.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have two PPX's, a 9 and 40. Similar in design to the creed. Both are about four years old. There was talk about the loose feed ramp in the PPX design. Personally, never had this issue. With several hundred rounds thru each. Don't recall any documented issues on this forum talking about the PPX. But I'm sure they are out there. Enjoy your Creed. For the price one of the best handguns out there.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
There are lots and lots of Creeds out there and if this was still a problem we would have heard about it by now IMO. I can't recall ever hearing about this with the Creed, only with a few PPXs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have two PPX's, a 9 and 40. Similar in design to the creed. Both are about four years old. There was talk about the loose feed ramp in the PPX design. Personally, never had this issue. With several hundred rounds thru each. Don't recall any documented issues on this forum talking about the PPX. But I'm sure they are out there. Enjoy your Creed. For the price one of the best handguns out there.
Thanks for the reply! I shot mine this weekend and it works great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are lots and lots of Creeds out there and if this was still a problem we would have heard about it by now IMO. I can't recall ever hearing about this with the Creed, only with a few PPXs.
Thanks for the reply Grumpy. That is encouraging. I doubt as I will ever get a ton of lead down range with this pistol anyway buy you never know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts