Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have also done this on the slide of other pistols and after about a year cleaning solvents have not removed it.I did this because I thought seeing the mags number count would be cool,and since it took all of 5mins to do it was worth it, and it is removable with paint solvents.some people like it and some like it as it was purchased just thought I would post this.:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
OK, now what did you use and how did you do it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used testors model paint.and testors solvent.I did this on an area like the mag to test it out and see how it worked,and cleaned it off with solvent when I was ready to do it permanant.I put some on the area one or two words at a time and then quickly wiped it off with my finger,it did leave smearing.I let it dry overnite and then used a q-tip not dripping just wet and cleaned up the area.if you get it too wet it or wipe too much it can remove too much. but its easy.I have done the mag and the p99 on the slide.on my hk I did the HK in red.and I also did some things on my Bushmaster.some people didn't like it and I did not know how it would be recieved here,thats why I didn't just include it in the beginning. but I think it looks good if you don't get carried away with the paint.and if you don't like it the solvent will take it off.pistol cleaners don't do anything to it that I have found.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts