Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a year late, but with all the hysteria in the world, you can understand why.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Illustration

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Some are calling this a Meister PPK, but I'm not sure about that. I can't find anything about it on the German or American Walther web sites. Limited run of 90. If it was engraved in Italy or Germany, I'm not sure how they would have gotten around the import laws. Maybe brought them in the US in parts?

Beautiful PPK!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice piece. Just seen it on Gunbroker with a starting bid of 'a lot'.

·
Registered
710 Posts
🤮that has to be the most poorly designed, aestheticly unpleasing PPK ever. The scroll patterns, the grips shapes, the gripcarving pattern, all of it is just awful

PS, P88, its not engraved, that is etched.... and I'm not complaining about the etching per se, Lots of etched pieces are well designed.

Reactions: Balogh and Redcat94

·
Administrator
3,412 Posts
🤮that has to be the most poorly designed, aestheticly unpleasing PPK ever. The scroll patterns, the grips shapes, the gripcarving pattern, all of it is just awful

PS, P88, its not engraved, that is etched.... and I'm not complaining about the etching per se, Lots of etched pieces are well designed.
Pilkguns, I'm glad you are checking in as you are probably the forum's expert on engraving.

Where do you think this work was done and what techniques were probably used?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I can't disagree that it's not as nice as something you would do.

·
Registered
430 Posts

By who's opinion? Yours? I think it looks great to me.

·
Administrator
3,412 Posts
Would like to see how that would look on one of the "blue" Fort Smith PPK pistols.
As you probably know, these guns are blackened stainless.

No more traditional bluing being done at Walther as far as I know.

That being said, some of the Meister guns look pretty darn good with whatever polished, high-tech finishing they are using.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Where do you think this work was done and what techniques were probably used?
Hi Jimmo, ,
I bop through every so often.
It appears to be laser etched. They could have the equipment in house at Fort Smith, or they could be shipping it off to some outside vendor like Baron Technology, but it does'nt look like their work, they have much better designers inhouse and their laser work looks cleaner

Reactions: Balogh and Jimmo952

·
Registered
710 Posts
By who's opinion? Yours? I think it looks great to me.
mine, yes mine. I'm not suprised,

99% of the gunowning pubic has no clue about engraving quality, which why excrement like this gets applied all too often to what were once beautiful guns. or at least not ugly guns.... If I made a similar comparison to the automotive world it would be like letting a 3 year old use a piece of gravel to draw ice cream cones and grapeleaves on your cars paint.

Reactions: mnsty and Balogh

·
Registered
430 Posts
mine, yes mine. I'm not suprised,

99% of the gunowning pubic has no clue about engraving quality, which why excrement like this gets applied all too often to what were once beautiful guns. or at least not ugly guns.... If I made a similar comparison to the automotive world it would be like letting a 3 year old use a piece of gravel to draw ice cream cones and grapeleaves on your cars paint.
Only your opinion. Not everyone's.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not disagreeing or agreeing but could you please show us a nice good engraved design?
At this point it's probably easier to show some of the atrocious wrongs on this 90th gun. I'll save a picture and mark it up for you.
Meanwhile here's some of my work appropriate to todays date.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Not disagreeing or agreeing but could you please show us a nice good engraved design?
Well I still haven't had time to write up anything since I'm desperately trying to get stuff between Tennessee and Ohio to get my store open at Csmp Perry for the National Pistol Championships.

Here at least is a picture with some markings on it that will be discussion areas for the first picture.

Maybe out of curiosity, what things do y'all notice in it ?

Reactions: Jan whitaker

·
Registered
710 Posts
Didn’t know you do engraving yourself. Very nice work and unique. Can we have the pleasure to see more of your work?
This is probably a good place to start , lots of links to follow

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
At first I thought that the PPK shown in post #1 was a reject. On the right side of the slide, the inscription seems incorrectly centred. The distances between the three banners differ so much that it hurts. The slide somehow doesn't seem to belong to the frame. The slide somehow doesn't seem to belong to the frame either. Some parts look heavily worked on (can I call it scratched?) and others like they are not finished yet. In the meantime, photos of pistols with other serial numbers have shown up. All of them look equally awful and unappealing to me.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Wood

1 - 20 of 24 Posts