Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best P22 ammo...

I have been using five different P22's in my CWP classes for a few years, I have found that mine, all age P22's like the Remington Golden Bullet best. I have found that the Federal bulk pack and Winchester bulk packs have far more problems especially in the P22's. On average myP22's are used every weekend and have between 100 & 300 rounds run through each so I have a pretty good base to give my opinion. Take it, or leave it.... Thanks! Happy Shooting:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I shot 400+ rounds today through my new P22-Q.

50 stingers, no problems
100 Mini mags, 2 stuck in barrel, needed to pry out the spent case
300 Winchester White Box, 70, SEVENTY! Failure to cycle. NOT GOOD
it was Bang, click, rack, Bang, click rack, a lot with the Winchester. Now i know why it was only 9.00 for 333 rounds.
50 Aguila 60gr sniper subsonics, No issues
10 CCI Shotshells, No problems

I will use stingers as a "keep loaded" round for my wife's purse carry.
Still looking for a decently priced range round.

·
Registered
128 Posts
mine prefers stingers but really likes the RGB's with no issues so far 200 rounds and counting it chokes on everything else i have fed it

Remmington Golden Bullets Bulk under $20 at Wal-Mart

want to try the sniper rounds but they are not available in my area

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
It's really pretty simple. P22s require a snappy round and with the light rifling prefer a copper or brass wash for keeping the barrel clean. Remington Golden Bullets work fine as the bulk priced ammo. Too bad a 525 round box isn't still priced at $6.95 as they were in 2006. Mini Mags would be my next step up the ladder.

I carry a Ruger LCP these days. The manual clearly states "do not use + or ++ powder rounds". It is still amazing to me to have people post questions and give advice along the lines of "do you think it would be alright to fire are dozen or so +P rounds to make sure they are reliable" or " I train with regular pressure rounds and then load +P for carry". What part of this do they not get? :confused: +P rounds in the pistol for carry and should they be unfortunate enough to have to actually draw and use their LCP, it probably would blow up in their hand with the first shot.

When you are carrying, you want your pistol at it's maximum reliability. Which leads me to Stingers. Not that the P22 is a carry firearm but this is a small, light weight pistol with mim'd and cast zinc parts. I'm suggesting that CCI Stingers and other hyper velocity ammo be saved for steel rifles and pistols and not be fired in a pistol that already has a well documented history of parts failures and many times from regular ammo only. M1911

·
Registered
36 Posts
Stingers also the most acurate. But too much powder may put unnesessery stress. I do not shoot more than 2 mags of stingers. Winchester x-super is quality found. It cycles well and pretty accurate.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Stingers also the most acurate. But too much powder may put unnesessery stress. I do not shoot more than 2 mags of stingers. Winchester x-super is quality found. It cycles well and pretty accurate.
the Winchester X will not cycle in mine at all and the one that actually did fire had the worst blowback of anything i have tried so far i will stick to my RGB's

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
i just need to read the ejection mod and it will be perfect and love the quieter Q
Ejection direction correction is all in the extractor. If you can't sort it out with the new style Wather ('07) style you might try sretching the extractor spring a bit or installing a VQ extractor. There is still a market for someone making a proper fitting one. Neither Walther or VQ tightened tolerances quite enough. Having said that, my LCP isn't so swift at ejection direction either. Plenty go straight up and land on my hand or head. And, the extractor doesn't grip the rim tightly there either. But, at least it is 100% in 3,000 rounds regarding firing, cycling and ejection. M1911

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is happy with either the CCI MiniMags or the CCI AR Tactical.

Had a bit of problems with the extractor. Instead of stretching the spring I replaced it with stiffer spring of the same length and it works just fine.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Mine is happy with either the CCI MiniMags or the CCI AR Tactical.

Had a bit of problems with the extractor. Instead of stretching the spring I replaced it with stiffer spring of the same length and it works just fine.
Just make sure you don't get it so strong that the tip of the extractor actually pushed the slide rearward a bit. That would leave the rear of your cartridge unsupported. When firing, blow back gasses force the case out. The extractor is used for manual unloading but it does play a very important part in causing the spent case to flip over the extractor tip for good ejection direction. M1911

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think i solved my "down my shirt issues" by using NEW ammo the older stuff didnt seem to like me much and aside from the inner slide damage i need to address i think i will wait and see before mod'ing at this stage

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have both of those it was the down my shirt i took exception to hard to fish those out very fast while holding a loaded gun and after 100 rounds they get a little warm

·
Registered
334 Posts
P22s and hot shells down women's shirts go hand in hand. This is America!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had no problems with shooting anything in my P22. I will say that after a few hundred rounds I will have a jam on the last round in the mag, but I just clean the gun and it feeds fine again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
lol i am hoping the end to low cut or tank type shirts with fall approaching will remedy my need for burn ointment were burn ointment should never be and fin i am glad to hear yours is not as picky as mine is

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just make sure you don't get it so strong that the tip of the extractor actually pushed the slide rearward a bit. That would leave the rear of your cartridge unsupported. When firing, blow back gasses force the case out. The extractor is used for manual unloading but it does play a very important part in causing the spent case to flip over the extractor tip for good ejection direction. M1911
We made sure that everything was right. Before the new spring the casings would be thrown all over the place, now they pop out consistantly in the same direction.

41 - 60 of 216 Posts