Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
124 gr Montana Gold CMJ
4.3 gr Win 231
Win SPP
OAL 1.135 (if I remember right, been a while since I set up my dies)

Very accurate and reliable in Glock, CZ, Sig, Beretta, XD-9, 1911, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any info for reloading .40's?

+1 on .40S&W Recipes/best grain-size round.

I use 135grain Hyda-Shok JHP for concealed carry and 180grain for range use.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Missouri Bullets 9mm oal ??

Anyone here uses Missouri Bullets ? What are you guys getting for an oal with 124gr rn lead ? I am down to 1.064 :confused: Pretty darn close to minimum...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm right around 1.095 with the Montana Gold 124 JHP's and it makes me a little uneasy.

I asked a shooting buddy of mine about it and he said "Walther's have tight chambers". Don't know about that but I don't have any better explanation, either.

I've never had any factory rounds that wouldn't chamber due to headspace and all of my other handloads have been right around 1.125.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm right around 1.095 with the Montana Gold 124 JHP's and it makes me a little uneasy.

I asked a shooting buddy of mine about it and he said "Walther's have tight chambers". Don't know about that but I don't have any better explanation, either.

I've never had any factory rounds that wouldn't chamber due to headspace and all of my other handloads have been right around 1.125.

Good luck.
Can not speak for montana gold but I shot the MB 124gr just fine with my oal at 1.065. less than 2" groups at 15 yards. Love my p99. I also used bear creeks 124gr at 1.125 aol with great success. Forgot to mention I'll move to a heavier bullet as soon as my stash in gone.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Has anyone used IMR "Hi-Skor" 700-X for 9mm? I found some locally but haven't worked up any loads yet. I haven't found much data online for it either. Any insights?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts