Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might not be the proper place but I wanted to share my latest experience with you guys. In March I subscribed, for two years, on Handguns Magazine, following their advertisement on their internet site ('subscribe now and receive 2 risk free issues and four additional issues etc....)

The publisher immediately charged my Visa account (the next day !) for a larger amount than advertised (OK, I guess the difference counts for the additional postage costs to Europe ??) and now, after 11 weeks, I still have to receive my first issue. The initially announced delay was 6-8 weeks. Upon my request by e-mail, to communicate me the actual state of affairs, they answered me that I had to wait an additional 2-4 weeks and afterwards I was told that my first issue would be the August/September issue (??) Three times I asked them to confirm the sending of the six additional issues, but they clearly refuse to answer this simple question. Their latest reply (once again) included apologies, the usual blah blah and their request to include my address and phone number in future mails (for Christ's sake, I already mentioned all that in my first e-mail to them !)

I'm getting serious doubts about this publisher. Anyone who has the same experience ? What would you suggest ? Can I consider my money lost (as they are at the edge of bankruptcy or something alike ?)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Call your credit card company and complain, and dispute the charges.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been a subscriber to Handguns for about two years. I have not had any problems.

Here is an 800 number, though it may not work from Europe: 800-800-4486.

The web site has a page for checking international subscriptions. Are you shown as a subscriber? It also notes that international subscriptions take 8 to 12 weeks.

I received the August/September 2003 issue yesterday. Yours may be on the way.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply Cawdor. I'll have some more patience and hope for the best.

·
Registered
70 Posts
E.T., I'd give it no more than three weeks; and it is three week because I have no idea how long it would take a magazine to reach Europe. If you don't have your first issue by then, demand a refund.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally received my first issue yesterday (August/September issue), after 13 weeks !! Nothing regarding the 6 additional issues that were advertised on their web site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts