Walther Forums banner

Hammer stuck on Interarms PPK .380

Tags
ppk 380
4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TerMark 
#1 ·
Just got my an interarms 380 ppk, was super excited about this gun being part of my collection was out shooting it with friends and about on the sixth clip the hammer locked back and will not release whether the trigger is pulled or the safety is flipped on. I field striped the weapon and I can't seem to find the issue and it's really upsetting me that I payed a lot of money for this gun and it Immeadately malfunctions. Any ideas on what's wrong or a fix on this, has anyone else had this issue? I really don't want to have to take it to a smith.

#4 · (Edited)
Welcome bond..... why don't you pull off the grips so you can have a look at the trigger bar. The trigger is connected to the trigger bar, the trigger bar connects to the rear components. I'd start with an inspection of these parts. Someone that is familiar with the pistol could probably figure it out pretty quickly. Over the net is a bit more difficult without a lot of input on your end. Perhaps your trigger spring has slipped off the trigger bar???? M1911

Trigger spring hooked onto the bottom of the trigger bar.

Pictured above is the right side of a PP pistol with the grips removed. You can see the trigger bar....part with the small dimple in it from the Rockwell hardness test. The hook on the end of it must rise up and engage the drum when you pull the trigger. If it isn't rising up...it won't disconnect the sear. You can also see the hammer toe on the left side which is caught by the sear... as the trigger pulls the trigger bar forward the drum is rotated clockwise which moves the sear off of the hammer toe which then releases the hammer allowing it to fall. If all of this appears to work and the hammer doesn't fall, then you need to remove the slide and see what you find there.

Above is a crummy video I made one time for some reason. It is looking at the pistol from the left side but you can watch the hammer toe being caught by the sear which leaves the hammer cocked. You can also see the trigger being pulled and the sear being rotated off the hammer toe releasing it. I am controlling the fall of the hammer with my thumb of course so it doesn't bang into stuff.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...6ECC45D8B4F251AB44F86ECC45D8B4F251&FORM=VIRE3

Here is another video by someone, perhaps it will be of benefit....I didn't watch much of it but it is about the operation of the trigger bar, sear, I think.

#6 ·
A possibility is that after field stripping, the f/s switch (not the safety) was moved. If you look on the side of the weapon under the slide opposite of the port for the takedown tool, you will see this. It needs to be horizontal and pointing at the 'f'. If this is off, the hammer/trigger will not move - at all. Hope this is helpful - good luck !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.