Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached are two photos. New PPK/S .22 with about 200 rounds through it. Thoroughly cleaned.

Photo 1 is with hammer in full cocked position ready to fire. I can pull the trigger back and hammer releases with no problem.

However when I have hammer in full cocked position but slowly squeeze the trigger When the the hammer released it catches about 1/16 of an inch and you can see in photo 2. I can continue to pull trigger and it eventually releases. Sometimes I can take my finger carefully off the trigger and it stays half cocked.

Other that that the pistol performs very well with decent ammo like CCI's. Not so much with the 32 grain bulk stuff.

Not sure if this is a defect in mfg or whether it needs more break in time. Nevertheless it makes me a little skittish.

Anybody experience this problem? Hte to have to send it in for repair since I just got it last Wed.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
You need to call Ft Smith and explain the problem. They will e-mail a shipping label to you. Take the unloaded pistol boxed up to Fed Ex and ship it back. They will repair and send back all on their dime. From your pictures I can't tell that the hammer has dropped at all. I don't have one of these new Umarex designed PP .22s and although they are somewhat the same as an original the breech block is pinned in and they aren't 100% the same. It has a liftime warranty....send her back....they will fix or replace and you will have the pistol back shortly. Good luck with it. 1917

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called Ft. Smith. Sent it off a few minutes ago. Dang it. I hope they can get to it quickly. I was really enjoying shooting this thing.

·
Registered
9,824 Posts
They can fix it, if not they have a million more just like it. Next you will be wanting to check into one of the older, all steel .22 pistols. Works of art since '29. I've shot one of the pistols like you have, I didn't shoot it but about 50 times but it functioned fine. It'll be back before you know it. Meanwhile, there is about five weeks or more worth of reading here. Don't forget the FAQ section at the top and pay special attention to anything MG Mike posts. We could swap.....you could come down to MD Anderson and get proton radiation on your prostate every day for the next two months and I could go home and wait on my pistol to be returned. 1917

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got it back. They replaced the whole trigger assembly. Runs like a top. Smooth as silk. Turn around was 8 days including shipping time. Thats fast!

Kudos to Walther service.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts