Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you guys, I own more than a few guns.

But, what do I actually enjoy shooting?

First prize goes to my Q5. It has the most rounds through it. Accurate, reliable and a joy to shoot.

Second place goes to my Ruger Mk3 22/45 Lite. Fully dressed now in Tandemkross and VQ MODS. 1.5 lbs trigger. I stopped shooting it for a while but the love has returned. Third place....my Ruger PCC9. What a gem. Nodded a tad.

Honorable mention.....

PSA AR15. Make fun of it all ya want. I even have a $30 optic on it. The gun is a blast to shoot and really growing on me. If I spent 5x the price it wouldn’t be any more fun.

GP100 Match. Beautiful piece I am proud of, but my round count is pretty low still.

Ruger SR1911.

Everything I own is becoming a distant memory.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1 - Chiappa 60DS, .357
2 - Drulov Model 75
3/4 - FAS SP 607
3/4 - PPQ Q5

Love them all. Currently not very proficient with the PPQ. Starting to be able to keep all shots on a target on an 8.5x11 paper shooting one-handed at approx. 23 yds.

Can keep in the black (5.5" dia) with the FAS.

The Drulov is shot at a scaled free pistol target. 10X is a circle the same diameter as a .22. Can hold 6 and better most of the time.

The Chiappa and the PPQ have been using up most of my range time, so my performance with the others has probably suffered.

·
Registered
273 Posts
.45 1911 Ball Gun
.22 Savage Mark II w/6-18 x44 AO Vortex scope
.177 Steyr LP-1
.22 High Standard Supermatic Citation Military
.45 M&P Compact

My top 5

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts
Since we're specifically talking funguns, in order of personal fun factor:
  1. S&W M&P 15-22 Integral (by Innovative Arms) integrally suppressed .22 cal rifle with Black Dog Machine 50rnd drums
  2. Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Gen2 4.5 lb folding pistol caliber carbine w/ quick-detach suppressor mount, Silencerco Hybrid suppressor & 9mm endcap with 33rnd Glock magazines
  3. AR-platform Aero Precision lower & Aero Precision 10.5" barrel upper chambered in .300 AAC w/ Maxim Defense PDW brace, quick-detach suppressor mount, Silencerco Omega suppressor & 7.62 NATO endcap with 20rnd magazines
  4. Ruger MKII Stainless .22 cal pistol with Volquartsen-installed improvements (Volquartsen Classic barrel, Volthane grips, SS trigger hi-viz front-sight, TL tritium rear sight) with standard magazines
  5. Masterpiece Arms MPA30DMG 9mm pistol with 33rnd Glock magazines

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I would define “enjoyment” guns and “fun” guns a bit different.

Sort of like when I was dating....there were really fun girls who were not a joy to be around.

Make sense? 🙂

·
Premium Member
13,814 Posts
^^^^^lololololol.........Well, I've been thinking, and I guess I'd have to say my MPX is just a hoot to shoot. With it, I can blow a wittle hole right in the middle. Can't quite do that with any pistols/revolvers....I'm too old....the things just move around too much. Maybe I'm just too weak.

This target is from when I was sighting in my red dot. Finished up puting 3 thru the same hole...that'd be the #4 target (upper, right).

·
Super Moderator
3,894 Posts

Sort of like when I was dating....there were really fun girls who were not a joy to be around.

Make sense?
Here's the context you provided in your initial post: "But, what do I actually enjoy shooting?" Similarly, the title of this thread is, "Guns you most enjoy to shoot....." (i.e. Not guns you most enjoy cleaning, owning, fondling, looking at, showing off, etc … but the ones that are the most fun to shoot (and only shoot).)

Thus, I answered in that context with 'fun' equating to enjoyment -- specifically as it pertains to shooting. As an example, I loathe cleaning my Volquartsenized Ruger Mark II, but I love shooting it, so it makes the list despite being a PITA to clean when compared to the other listed firearms. I always look forward to shooting it, but I never look forward to cleaning it!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ruger Mark III 5 1/2 bull barrel, Springfield Armory 1911-A1 stainless loaded .45 ACP.

Ruger 10/22 carbine with Sweet 22 scope.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
^^^^^lololololol.........Well, I've been thinking, and I guess I'd have to say my MPX is just a hoot to shoot. With it, I can blow a wittle hole right in the middle. Can't quite do that with any pistols/revolvers....I'm too old....the things just move around too much. Maybe I'm just too weak.

This target is from when I was sighting in my red dot. Finished up puting 3 thru the same hole...that'd be the #4 target (upper, right).

I can vouch for this. The FGC range session.

Just giving OF a witness.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Make sense?
Here's the context you provided in your initial post: "But, what do I actually enjoy shooting?" Similarly, the title of this thread is, "Guns you most enjoy to shoot....." (i.e. Not guns you most enjoy cleaning, owning, fondling, looking at, showing off, etc … but the ones that are the most fun to shoot (and only shoot).)

Thus, I answered in that context with 'fun' equating to enjoyment -- specifically as it pertains to shooting. As an example, I loathe cleaning my Volquartsenized Ruger Mark II, but I love shooting it, so it makes the list despite being a PITA to clean when compared to the other listed firearms. I always look forward to shooting it, but I never look forward to cleaning it!
Yea, yea, yea....

Are we married by chance? Thought you might be my wife 🙂

·
Registered
208 Posts
1- my Henry big boy .357/38 special finished with the brass hardware. The lever action is a ton of fun. Plenty accurate at 50 yards. Not bad to shoot at an indoor range. And damn, she’s purty
2 - either AR 15. Springfield Saint or Savage Recon. Both great and plenty accurate
3- PPS M2 - shoots as well as my ppq and shooting that compact gun at the length of the range,75 feet and getting tight groups is like a drug. I love when the guy in the next lane shooting his Glock peeks over to see what I’m shooting when my 75 ft groups are better then his at 15 feet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like my 1960s High Standard Flyte King .22 with long weighted barrel - an absolute joy to shoot, probably because I shoot it more accurately than any other gun I own. CCI mini-mags is about all it will feed and fire, though, but worth the slightly greater expense.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My carry guns:

I would have to say my suppressed Colts 635 9mm smg or Mk 18 mod 0 for my long guns.

Side arms would be my usual carry guns; Beretta PX4 Compact, Custom SA 1911 4", Custom Colt Commander 1911, Glock 23-9mm or HK VP9.

I carry them because I enjoy shooting them and hence shoot them well...... making shooting them even more fun. :D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts