Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI from their May 2007 issue on used 9mm pistols. www.gun-tests.com

Do good guns get better, or worse, over time? We didn?t know, so we shot a trio to find out. From Fountain Firearms in Houston (fountainfirearms.com), we purchased three guns with original boxes and owners manuals. They were the (counter price) $450 Astra A-100, the $525 Sig Sauer P225, and the $650 Walther P5 (which came with the original factory target). The winner: The P5 (above). It was priced higher than the other guns, but it was a real shooter and a bonafide collectible. After the test, Fountain told us there were several more P5s available for the $650 price of our test gun.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
99 Posts
I believe the P225 was very collectable until the market was flooded with P6's (German Trade in's). Not sure how they differ from the P225, but all I can tell you is the bottom fell out on P225's.

The P225 is a nice gun, with limited capacity compared to the P228.

But like anything, if you look at the H&K P7's how they have sky rocketed in price - Some guns seem like a better investent then others (If you happen to think of the future)..

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I wouldn't give up my P5 or P7's
and I sure would like to have a nice P225 in my collection....:D

*edit.... I wish I could read the entire article

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
*edit.... I wish I could read the entire article
Well I guess you could but you would have to become a subscriber....do it, let some of us read the article and we can help you recoup some of the cost.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts