Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
brake parts cleaner? I've been told and have been using brake parts cleaner to clean my p99 and other guns because its cheaper and is harmless to gun parts. While it does seem to work very good, I was wondering if any of you guys use it or if you feel it could damage the frame of the p99 or other parts of this gun? Any info greatly appreciated thanks!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I personally don't use it on my P99, I am a little leary of using it on anything plastic. Simple green and hot water work just great for me.

Don't use that stuff on stainless steel either.....left some ugly marks on my MKII slabside.

·
Registered
28 Posts
M Do you use the Simple green and hot water for cleaning after every outing or just the occasional thorough cleaning? Also, do you use it inplace of a bore scrubber or other cleaning compound? I'm fairly new and have not tried this method out yet.

Any input is appreciated.

J

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use Simple Green on polymer frames; brake cleaner as a general cleaner; Blue Wonder on the bore; BreakFree CLP as a lubricant and preservative.

·
Registered
178 Posts
jaylsb:  I use it only when doing a thorough cleaning.  Usually after every 4th or 5th range trip.  Just scrub the frame real good after soaking for a few minutes, rinse under really hot water, blow dry, lube.  Easy.  For regular cleaning (after every range trip) I use Shooters Choice bore cleaner and FP-10.  The rails get Wilson Ultima grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts